Author Topic: Extremely High Complexity Rituals  (Read 12549 times)

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Extremely High Complexity Rituals
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »
And my reply was just as applicable to Rougarou's comment as it was to yours.

The deaths involving wards that have been vastly predominantly discussed on this thread have not been due to landmines, but rather to the reflection of applied force.

Then perhaps it's time to split the thread so that we can separate it from comments like:
The ability of wizards to kill hundreds with a single spell really isn't in question. It happens in the novels, and the mechanics support it.

and

Harry CHOSE to let those cops break down his door.  All he had to do to stop them was NOT take down his wards.  That's not 'plot device', that's just pure, simple, common Compel.

But you could say, 'I'm entirely willing to let those cops throw themselves into the meat grinder of my wards, please do continue' and then sit back and watch the fireworks.

Which did refer to landmines grinding a cop army to death are no longer part of this thread.
No one is contesting that killing by means of landmines should violate the First Law.

Actually, Rougarou was.  Hence the discussion.  But it's good that we agree that landmines killing mortals = lawbreaker.

Regardless, if a wizard sets up a situation where magical power is very likely to bring about the death of a mortal, then I can see a case being made for lawbreaker to apply.  Of course there's a more in depth discussion on that in the stickies at the top of this forum.

Richard
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:19:28 PM by Richard_Chilton »