Author Topic: Suggest Topics Here!  (Read 51064 times)

Offline Second Aristh

• Posty McPostington
  • Numeromancer
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest Topics Here!
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2013, 02:17:01 AM »
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,36206.0.html
Um, not sure on the correct protocol here, but I'll second the nomination of this thread.
We shall not fail or falter, we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools, and we will finish the job.--Winston Churchill

wizard nelson

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2013, 04:24:35 AM »
Um, not sure on the correct protocol here, but I'll second the nomination of this thread.
ok not trying to be a total downer but shouldn't the fact the subconscious harry having the same age in the dream totally invalidate this theory? in CD harry remarks he is already begun to look noticeably older these last few years, specifically in relation to thomas? just wondering because if probability of outcome isn't a prerequisite i'd nominate a few that will probably be floaters..

edit- haven't looked but pretty sure harry makes allusions to how cool a real leather duster would look on him earlier in FM and possibly SF too.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:47:58 AM by wizard nelson »

Offline Elegast

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2013, 06:13:50 PM »

There's no protocol as the DFRC is still quite new. Anyway, any input is appreciated.
My "Maeve came to Splattercon!!! disguised as a vampire" theory : Maeve did it

All the theories on the Dresden Files

wizard nelson

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2013, 09:21:29 AM »
was wondering  if after this thread has ran its course,
http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,37232.msg1809853.html#msg1809853
if it could be marked for future moving to the collection. i think its shear gold but as i write this no one is awake too post yet.

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile

Offline Cenphx

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2013, 07:46:46 PM »
So I have a question for you all -- if a thread has been nominated, how do you decide whether to move the thread over here?

[I ask for a purely selfish reason. One of my threads which was nominated was just deleted, which makes me sad, but also, because it was nominated, I did not think to try to save all the comments to it. I want to do a better job trying to archive (at least for myself) other threads which I think are important, so knowing the process may help me narrow down what I need to do.]

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2013, 09:36:34 PM »
So I have a question for you all -- if a thread has been nominated, how do you decide whether to move the thread over here?

There is no real process for the moment, something we should fix. We just move things when we feel like it. Serack had the idea of the DFRC in the first place, and founded it with Knnn, so I give him the last word if we disagree.

He wasn't on the forum during April so I was the one deciding for your thread. I was the one who nominated it , but Serack felt it was redundant with the second one (which I'm going to move). To be honest I did not take the time to see how true that was at the time, so I didn't save it, and then I didn't come to the forum this week (first week at my new job :) ) and the deadline was crossed without anyone really paying attention.

[I ask for a purely selfish reason. One of my threads which was nominated was just deleted, which makes me sad, but also, because it was nominated, I did not think to try to save all the comments to it. I want to do a better job trying to archive (at least for myself) other threads which I think are important, so knowing the process may help me narrow down what I need to do.]

You shouldn't hesitate to ask about your thread when it's about to be destroyed: it's very easy to miss the deadline and let it disappear by mistake. And if you feel it's really good, say so, we tend to err on the side of caution.

In any case saving threads on your side is a good idea. I have done so for my favorite threads, even the ones in the reference collections: there was a crash 1 year ago where many good threads where destroyed forever (and some WOJs).

It sounds like you had saved the OP of the old thread, any chance you could post it back? I could include it at the beginning of the new thread.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:41:31 PM by Elegast »

wizard nelson

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2013, 03:09:52 AM »
 :'(I'd like to nominate this thread
Quote from: wizard nelson link=topic=36753.msg1769786#msg1769786date=1359632857
as its my finest work. hope i got the link right, had to copy it by memory. I'm on a ds3. :'(

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2013, 09:55:46 AM »
I believe this is the topic you wish to nominate.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2013, 10:01:39 AM »
If you gave me the go ahead, I am willing to splice your PS3 hobbled, 5 posts into a single post.  As Priscellie mentioned, that would make it much easier to read as a single idea rather than disjointed comments.
DF WoJ Compilation

Offline Elegast

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2013, 06:12:26 PM »
I could do some editing too if WN is willing.

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2013, 08:23:38 PM »
I hadn't seen this topic and it's really stimulating some good ideas for me :)
DF WoJ Compilation

wizard nelson

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2013, 06:53:39 AM »
Yes thats quite alright. Sorry I haven't been on in a few days to respond.
I hadn't seen this topic and it's really stimulating some good ideas for me
Thanks
Might actually need to elaborate on it at some point. Now that my heads not spinning with Lovecraftian nightmares, because I was reading it for first time. I think I have a bit more on Nemesis in correlation to her DF appearances. Mmm, maybe I should just wait and do a redux? Refined Idea's about some other stuff in there too.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:05:56 AM by wizard nelson »

Offline 123456789blaaa

• Posty McPostington
  • Proud member of the Purple Court.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2013, 02:51:54 AM »
There are bunch of suggested topics in this thread that haven't been accepted or turned down. This is a (hopefully not annoying) reminder just in case the members of the SCD have forgot.  :)
Please, call me Count :).

Thanks go to Shecky for the nickname and Serack for the avatar ^,..,^

Offline Serack

• Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2013, 03:53:56 PM »
By the way, if you have a reference topic that  you generated that is now in the DFRC and is locked due to the lock monster, but you want to add new material to it, let a curator know and we will work something out.  We might temporarily unlock it, or if it's something minor, we can splice it in, or something like that.

You might chose to generate a fresh topic to discuss the new editions (especially if they also pertain to new conclusions) and then if the resultant topic isn't necessarily something you don't deem significant enough to archive, you could take the new material and splice it into your existing reference.
DF WoJ Compilation