Author Topic: Hi i am new and an aspiring author  (Read 5161 times)

Offline jeno

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Hi i am new and an aspiring author
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 10:24:13 AM »
If it's like that, then just handwave the sex scene or fade to black. Use one line to say it happened, then another line highlighting whether it worked or not. You don't need to detail it out. "They walked into the room" and "When they were done, X stared at the ceiling, blah blah blah." If the point of the scene is to show a lack of intimacy, then don't show the intimate parts. Focus on the numb feeling at the end, or the isolation, or what have you.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:06:30 PM by jeno »
You think you know how this story is going to end, but you don't. -Christopher Moore

The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance. -Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman

Offline JassTheGhost

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 09:34:41 PM »
Thanks i'll give that a try.
Sorry for any Grammatical or Spelling errors. I have Dyslexia and i'm A.D.D . These are hurtles not walls though.

Offline LDWriter2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Musings of L.E.
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 12:19:56 AM »
If it's like that, then just handwave the sex scene or fade to black. Use one line to say it happened, then another line highlighting whether it worked or not. You don't need to detail it out. "They walked into the room" and "When they were done, X stared at the ceiling, blah blah blah." If the point of the scene is to show a lack of intimacy, then don't show the intimate parts. Focus on the numb feeling at the end, or the isolation, or what have you.

There is that too. As I said it depends on how much you want to show. That includes not showing anything of the sex itself. But sounds like you may have figured it out...good.
Working on Turning Lead into Gold

Offline JassTheGhost

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 06:41:22 AM »
Yeah i have the main character talk about it really quick and then he just disassociates from it completely.
Sorry for any Grammatical or Spelling errors. I have Dyslexia and i'm A.D.D . These are hurtles not walls though.