Author Topic: Writing gigs...  (Read 9070 times)

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
  • You can have your own truth, not your own facts
    • View Profile
Re: Writing gigs...
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2012, 04:45:44 AM »
    FEMALE ENSEMBLE ACTION SCRIPTS WANTED
    ALA FEMALE "EXPENDABLES"

---------------
    Eclectic Pictures - Seeking Female Ensemble Action Scripts
    ---------------

We are looking for completed feature-length female ensemble action script, i.e. a female "Expendables."

Budget has yet to be determined. WGA and non-WGA writers may submit.

Our credits include "Trust" with Clive Owen, the upcoming "Playing the Field" with Gerard Butler, and "Lovelace" with Amanda Seyfried.

TO SUBMIT:
    1. Please go to www.InkTippro.com/leads
    2. Enter your email address (you will be signing up for InkTip's newsletter - FREE!)
    3. Copy/Paste this code: qyae7tqt63
    4. You will be submitting a logline and synopsis only.

IMPORTANT:  Please ONLY submit your work if it fits what the lead is looking for EXACTLY.

If you aren't sure if your submission fits, please ask InkTip first.  Please mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com and please email any questions to:
    jerrol@inktip.com
"When I was 5 years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when i grew up. I wrote down “Happy”. They told me i didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. "
-John Lennon-

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2012, 05:47:07 AM »
HEIST SCRIPTS WANTED

---------------
Envision - Seeking Heist Scripts
---------------

We are looking for completed feature-length heist scripts, i.e. material in the vein of "Inside Man" or "Ocean's 11."

Budget will not exceed $2 million.  WGA and non-WGA writers may submit.

Our feature film credits include "Basic," "Pathfinder, "Janie Jones" and the upcoming films "Waco" and "Chained."

TO SUBMIT:
2. Enter your email address (you will be signing up for InkTip's newsletter - FREE!)
3. Copy/Paste this code: dhu2xfkrr7

IMPORTANT:  Please ONLY submit your work if it fits what the lead is looking for EXACTLY.
"When I was 5 years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when i grew up. I wrote down “Happy”. They told me i didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. "
-John Lennon-

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 03:20:49 AM »
FOUND FOOTAGE SCRIPTS WANTED

---------------
1) Film Harvest - Seeking "Found Footage" Scripts
---------------

We are looking for completed feature-length found footage scripts.  We are especially interested in any new takes or angles on the found footage genre.

Budget will not exceed $1 million.  WGA and non-WGA writers may submit.

Our credits include "The Hammer," among others.

TO SUBMIT:
3. Copy/Paste this code: 2e4xkbb6wj

If you aren't sure if your submission fits, please ask InkTip first.  Please mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com and please email any questions to:
jerrol@inktip.com
-John Lennon-

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2012, 08:00:16 PM »
I'm a member of Writer'sDigest.com and I found this notification
on one of my many, frequent emails.  I don't have specifics but you can
probably suss them out.  Good luck.

3 BOOK PUBLISHERS OPEN TO NOVELS
WritersMarket.com lists hundreds of book publishers for writers of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, writing for children, and more. Here are three looking for novel submissions:

DAW Books, Inc. is one of the rare imprints of Penguin that does not require an agent to make submissions on behalf of writers. The editorial focus at DAW is science fiction and fantasy novels. The editors caution that nearly all their novels are more than 80,000 words long.

Milkweed Editions is a literary press based in Minnesota. In addition to novels, this press also publishes nonfiction and poetry. They're currently open to submissions through the end of September. After that, they'll re-open to submissions in January.

Grey Gecko Press is a small publisher that accepts about everything—except extreme horror, erotica, and religious fiction. If you're writing in those genres, this isn't the press for you. For everyone else, it might be a good fit. Prospective authors should submit a synopsis and the first three chapters.

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2012, 01:59:02 AM »
Thank you Snow - that IS cool

ANIMATION SCRIPTS WANTED

---------------
    Centrala - Seeking Animation Scripts with Poetic Style
    ---------------

We are looking for completed feature-length animation scripts intended for a children's audience, i.e. ages approximately 7-12, but with a certain sensibility:  The type of animation style we like is "Up" and the Hayao Miyazaki films.  We are NOT looking for a fast-paced, lighthearted comedy like "Kung Fu Panda," "Megamind" or even "The Incredibles."  Rather, the tone and pace should be more poetic, introspective and mature while still targeted for a young audience.

We are not afraid of difficult subjects in the story.  Also, we prefer stories that allow for more fantastical journeys or worlds.

Budget is open.  Both WGA and Non-WGA writers may submit.

Our credits include "Ve stinu."

TO SUBMIT:
    3. Copy/Paste this code: 2hx9hwkq96

jerrol@inktip.com
-John Lennon-

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 06:42:16 PM »
Writing contests listed at WritersMarket.com.

3 OCTOBER WRITING CONTESTS
WritersMarket.com lists hundreds of contests for writers of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, writing for children, and more. Here are three with October deadlines:

Art Affair Annual Writing Contest offers three different categories: poetry, Western short stories, and any other genre short stories. Entries must be postmarked by October 1.

Indiana Review Fiction Contest is offered for the best unpublished short story. The prize is $1,000, plus publication in Indiana Review. Deadline: October 31.

The Kinereth Gensler Awards is for a previously unpublished, book-length collection of poetry. The winner receives $2,000, plus publication of the book. Open only to residents of New York, New Jersey, and New England. Deadline: October 1 postmark.

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2012, 06:00:58 PM »
Another 3 writer's contests from WritersMarket.com

3 NOVEMBER WRITING CONTESTS

WritersMarket.com lists hundreds of contests for writers of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, writing for children, and more. Here are three with November deadlines:

Brick Road Poetry Book Contest is offered for the best unpublished book-length collection of poetry. The winning entry receives publication, $1,000, and 25 copies of the printed book. Deadline: November 1.

Hackney Literary Awards are offered for the best unpublished short stories and poetry. There are $5,000 in prizes available. Deadline: November 30.

One Act Play Contest is offered annually as part of the Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival for the best unpublished/unproduced one act play. The winner receives $1,500, publication, and more. Deadline: November 1.

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2012, 10:45:29 AM »
Another 3 writer's contests from WritersMarket.com

3 NOVEMBER WRITING CONTESTS

WritersMarket.com lists hundreds of contests for writers of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, writing for children, and more. Here are three with November deadlines:

Brick Road Poetry Book Contest is offered for the best unpublished book-length collection of poetry. The winning entry receives publication, $1,000, and 25 copies of the printed book. Deadline: November 1.

Hackney Literary Awards are offered for the best unpublished short stories and poetry. There are $5,000 in prizes available. Deadline: November 30.

One Act Play Contest is offered annually as part of the Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival for the best unpublished/unproduced one act play. The winner receives $1,500, publication, and more. Deadline: November 1.
geez I didn't think anyone paid for poetry anymore...
-John Lennon-

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2012, 01:20:11 AM »
geez I didn't think anyone paid for poetry anymore...

What!!!  There has to be something to torture future generations of English Lit classes with. ::) ::) ::) ::)