Author Topic: Xyxyx (and other) updates  (Read 11216 times)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
  • Cardboard wings and knicker elastic.
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss your storyline/plotline/characters
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 06:33:25 PM »
You need to be a little more throaty with that laugh, otherwise it just seems creepy.  ;)

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 01:59:09 AM »
I have the vol 3 already  :D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 09:37:17 AM »
Ditto.

Looking forwards to scaring the other passengers on the bus tomorrow with my laughter.  ;D

Offline R. S. Leergaard

• Posty McPostington
  • I ink, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 05:01:17 PM »
Thanks, both of you.  :)  I'll work on my evil laugh, shades.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:32:33 PM by R. S. Leergaard »
Dance on, md

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Philip K. Dick

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »
You have to put "url=www.whatever...." in the first [] and then the word you want to appear (and finally the [] with the /URL part)
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline R. S. Leergaard

• Posty McPostington
  • I ink, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »
 :) ;) :D ;D 8)

Wee haaa. It worked. Thanks Dina
Dance on, md

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Philip K. Dick

Offline R. S. Leergaard

• Posty McPostington
  • I ink, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2012, 07:53:11 PM »
I got some may sales info back from Kindle today

Volume 1 - sold 5 - total copies downloaded 88 (83 must have been during it's promotion)  :) "You like me. You really like me."
Volume 2 - sold 2 - total copies downloaded 84 (same math applies)

Volume 3 - sold 0 - total copies downloaded 77 (two days of promotion vs 5 days each for the other two)

Now, if only it will get popular while not being promoted  :)

Dunno who all those people are, but I hope they spread the word  ;D
Dance on, md

Offline R. S. Leergaard

• Posty McPostington
  • I ink, therefore I am
    • View Profile
Re: Xyxyx (and other) updates
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 10:49:34 PM »
Volume 4 (Parts 8 & 9) is finally complete. I want to play with it for a couple more days in case any last minute silliness pops into my head, but I should be uploading it to Kindle on thursday. The promotion will be set up for next weekend, barring any unforseen happenings between now and then.

Thanks for your patience, my (3 or 4) fans.  :P ::) ;) :D
Dance on, md

Offline shades of grey

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 10:50:38 PM »
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*Waits impatiently for Thursday.*

Offline Dina

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 11:41:50 PM »
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!! *is happy*  :D :D :D :D
Missing you, Md 

Offline R. S. Leergaard

• Posty McPostington
  • I ink, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 02:00:23 AM »
Also, as I mentioned briefly in weird, I am working on another project. It's a revamping of an old story I did for the 2004 NaNoWriMo contest. I won't mention the name or any specifics yet, because if I don't like it I won't be putting it up.

It is several months down the line, anyway, since this one, if I put it up on Kindle, will be a complete story, not little bits at a time like Xyxyx.

If I like where the story is going, I'll post updates here on and off.  ;D
Dance on, md

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 01:30:38 AM »
I'm getting a lot of love on amazon with my book Admiral Who?  Up to 49.5 sales per day average for last week.  And the last two days 60, but that's the week end fingers crossed, I hope I've taken the next step but honesty?  I would be satisfied with 49.5.  Heck I'd be satistfied with 30 or even 20 average per day.

Anyway, regardless, I really loved my Chief Engineer character in Admiral Who? total blast.  My brother described him as a cross between Cid from final fantasy and a wild eyes Scotty from Star Trek.  A hilarious character and so much fun to write.  The words just seemed to flow off my keyboard.  hahahahah.

The second book well... the it was hard not having the bombastic character to fall back on whenever I'd get stuck in a rutt and need something to kick start my creative juices.  Spalding has a way of attacking just about every situation he comes across that just makes me laugh.

Having the little admiral carry everything, with asides into Akantha has been a bit of a task.  But looking back on some of what I've written, I'm feeling really positive right now for book 2.  Now just need to insert a couple scenes and then work up an appropriately bombastic sneak peak!

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline mdodd

• Seriously?
  • OH, IT'S HIM. @paceace1094
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 09:41:47 AM »
Also, as I mentioned briefly in weird, I am working on another project. It's a revamping of an old story I did for the 2004 NaNoWriMo contest. I won't mention the name or any specifics yet, because if I don't like it I won't be putting it up.

It is several months down the line, anyway, since this one, if I put it up on Kindle, will be a complete story, not little bits at a time like Xyxyx.

If I like where the story is going, I'll post updates here on and off.  ;D
Waiting patiently.
One year's forum service, nearly two
--------------------------------------------------------
“And the people next door oppress me all night long. I tell them, I work all day, a man's got to have some time to learn to play the tuba. ― Terry Pratchett.

Offline R. S. Leergaard

• Posty McPostington
  • I ink, therefore I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »
I'm getting a lot of love on amazon with my book Admiral Who?  Up to 49.5 sales per day average for last week.  And the last two days 60, but that's the week end fingers crossed, I hope I've taken the next step but honesty?  I would be satisfied with 49.5.  Heck I'd be satistfied with 30 or even 20 average per day.

Anyway, regardless, I really loved my Chief Engineer character in Admiral Who? total blast.  My brother described him as a cross between Cid from final fantasy and a wild eyes Scotty from Star Trek.  A hilarious character and so much fun to write.  The words just seemed to flow off my keyboard.  hahahahah.

The second book well... the it was hard not having the bombastic character to fall back on whenever I'd get stuck in a rutt and need something to kick start my creative juices.  Spalding has a way of attacking just about every situation he comes across that just makes me laugh.

Having the little admiral carry everything, with asides into Akantha has been a bit of a task.  But looking back on some of what I've written, I'm feeling really positive right now for book 2.  Now just need to insert a couple scenes and then work up an appropriately bombastic sneak peak!

The Deposed King

Congratulations on the success of your book.  :)  I hope the second does as well. Good luck.  :D
Dance on, md

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 05:17:26 PM »
hi RSL ((RSL))