Poll

Click if you think the statement to be true. Plz read the OP first (you can change your vote anyway).

The BC was trying to turn Molly.
32 (23.9%)
Mab never intended Harry to pour summer fire in the well.
47 (35.1%)
The BC attacked Artis Tor to save mad Lea.
20 (14.9%)
The scarecrow is boosted by Outsider power.
18 (13.4%)
Mab made a deal with the BC.
17 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: PG: combining Neurovore and Knnn.  (Read 37761 times)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
Re: PG: combining Neurovore and Knnn.
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2012, 06:29:26 PM »
a paragraph or two later, its where she says 'harry has to know about your mother, the black court and the outsiders.'. someone asked JIm if this was a mistake, that its supposed to be 'the black circle' and he laughed evilly and said no, it is the black court.

ill post the citation tonight when i get home if no one else does.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline knnn

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2012, 06:52:01 PM »
Here is the quote:

"Listen," Lasciel said, giving my head a little shake. "You have the potential to hold great power over them. You may be able to escape the power now held over you. If you are sure it is what you want, I can give you an opportunity to defy Malvora's sending. But you'll have to hurry. I don't know how long it will take to throw it off, and they are almost upon you."

After which, we were going to have a long talk about my mother and these Outsiders and their relation to the Black Court and exactly what the hell was going on.

Lasciel—Lash, rather—nodded once and said, "I will tell you all that I can, Harry."

To be absolutely precise, the Outsider-Black Court connection is actually Harry's thought process, not Lash.  That said, the fact that his subconscious would make that connection  implies something...

In any case, I too would like to see the reference to that WoJ.
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline asetti

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »
If the fetches were really Fea, how did they kill random people at the convention?  I thought that was off limits for Fea in SUmmer and Winter?
The death rate is the same for us as for anybody ... one person, one death, sooner or later.
Tunnel in the Sky (1955), Captain Helen Walker, Ch. 2

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »
It's something the Faerie Queens don't do, and that they discourage their subjects from doing, as I understand it.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline asetti

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2012, 07:27:24 PM »
It's something the Faerie Queens don't do, and that they discourage their subjects from doing, as I understand it.

And yet (if you beleive most of the threads about PG) Mab sent the fetches into the convention and allowed/encourged them to kill innocent bystandards...
The death rate is the same for us as for anybody ... one person, one death, sooner or later.
Tunnel in the Sky (1955), Captain Helen Walker, Ch. 2

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 07, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »
And yet (if you beleive most of the threads about PG) Mab sent the fetches into the convention and allowed/encourged them to kill innocent bystandards...

Which is another supplementary reason to believe the Scarecrow is working at cross-purposes to Mab.
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 07, 2012, 07:32:18 PM »
Same way those Hobs were allowed to attack the guys in the train station?
DV Geek code:

DV knnn v1.2 YR4 FR3 BK++ RP+ JB+ TH WG+ CL(+) SW++++ BC- MC---(+) SH[Murphy+, Molly+]

Find out your Dresden Files "Purity" score: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2012, 07:33:39 PM »
My point was it's not something they can't do, just something they usually don't do.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2012, 07:33:48 PM »
To be absolutely precise, the Outsider-Black Court connection is actually Harry's thought process, not Lash.  That said, the fact that his subconscious would make that connection  implies something...

Has there been anything in any of Mavra's appearances that might point Harry at associating her with Outsiders, then ?

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

• O. M. G.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2012, 07:36:17 PM »
My point was it's not something they can't do, just something they usually don't do.

And there's the troll in "Restoration of Faith", and iirc a number of references to the Alphas driving off minor supernatural predators including some from Winter.  The impression I have is that generic Winter fae on Earth can hunt pretty much as they like, and it's only concerted action by or at the instigation of a Queen that needs the mortal concerned to be in some way already entangled with Faerie.

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
Has there been anything in any of Mavra's appearances that might point Harry at associating her with Outsiders, then ?

Not that I know of.  Harry doesn't mention Outsiders very often (he doesn't even find out that HHWB is Outsider till now).

IRC, until now, the only time Harry is aware of actual Outsider encounters until now are the Outsiders mentioned in DB and PG. In neither of those cases is Mavra obviously connected.

- In DB Cowl has an "alibi", so the Outsider-Cowl-Mavra connection isn't really apparent.
- In PG, maybe Sandra Marlin is a Mavra connection.

DV Geek code:

Offline Vairelome

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2012, 07:51:08 PM »
And there's the troll in "Restoration of Faith", and iirc a number of references to the Alphas driving off minor supernatural predators including some from Winter.  The impression I have is that generic Winter fae on Earth can hunt pretty much as they like, and it's only concerted action by or at the instigation of a Queen that needs the mortal concerned to be in some way already entangled with Faerie.

Actually, I think the troll is an excellent example.  As I remember, he says something like "Faith is my lawful prey, being a naughty child crossing my bridge."  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the cases involved people blundering across a limit set by some superstition that permitted a particular type of Fae to consider them fair game.  In many faerie tales, mortals can get in some serious trouble by doing something seemingly inconsequential or failing to perform some minor rite.  The action or omission was trivial to the mortal, but a big deal to the Fae, so the Fae is permitted to wreak havoc in response.

Offline Griffyn612

• The Merlin
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2012, 07:53:51 PM »
Not that I know of.  Harry doesn't mention Outsiders very often (he doesn't even find out that HHWB is Outsider till now).

IRC, until now, the only time Harry is aware of actual Outsider encounters until now are the Outsiders mentioned in DB and PG. In neither of those cases is Mavra obviously connected.

- In DB Cowl has an "alibi", so the Outsider-Cowl-Mavra connection isn't really apparent.
- In PG, maybe Sandra Marlin is a Mavra connection.

I think the other problem with it is that mortals have to summon Outsiders.  And Blamps aren't really mortals anymore.  Otherwise, Wamps and Ramps could do it too.

And as for Cowl's alibi... having just reread parts of that while researching, the Outsiders were involved in attacks as early as 3 days before Halloween.  So Cowl COULD have been involved in the initial summoning prior to that, and still shown up in Chicago for the rest.  But I agree that there's probably someone else summoning as well.  Possibly Peabody?

Kettu

« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2012, 08:49:17 PM »
All the people who were at Splattercon!!! were there because they wanted to feel fear. Maybe that was enough to make them legal prey for the fetches.

Re: BC-Outsider -connection
Harry's subconscious could have drawn this connection if he started with Cowl and Vitto, who was Outsider-backed, working together, and then continued to Cowl, Bianca, and Mavra all being chummy back in Grave Peril. The Outsiders are working with Cowl, Cowl was working with Bianca, Bianca was working with Mavra, ergo there is a connection between Mavra and Outsiders, although it seems weak... Unless his subconscious also noticed something we haven't. A similarity in the feel of Mavra's magic and Outsider magic?

Offline knnn

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2012, 08:54:11 PM »
All the people who were at Splattercon!!! were there because they wanted to feel fear. Maybe that was enough to make them legal prey for the fetches.

Re: BC-Outsider -connection
Harry's subconscious could have drawn this connection if he started with Cowl and Vitto, who was Outsider-backed, working together, and then continued to Cowl, Bianca, and Mavra all being chummy back in Grave Peril. The Outsiders are working with Cowl, Cowl was working with Bianca, Bianca was working with Mavra, ergo there is a connection between Mavra and Outsiders, although it seems weak... Unless his subconscious also noticed something we haven't. A similarity in the feel of Mavra's magic and Outsider magic?

He only just found out that Vitto was in fact Outsider-powered.  His subconsciousness must be really quick at making connections...
DV Geek code: