Author Topic: Powers affecting skills  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Totharious

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Powers affecting skills
« on: May 03, 2012, 06:02:36 AM »
I must have missed something, but under each power, it says "Skills Affected".  Does this mean the powers literally adjust the skills?  If they do, then by how much do they affect it?

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
Re: Powers affecting skills
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 06:04:45 AM »
That entry lists skills that might either be affected by the power (changing the way it works, adding or moving a trapping, providing a bonus, etc), or be necessary for proper use of the power.  The manner in which they affect or are affected is spelled out in the description of the power itself.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 06:26:56 PM »
So for example Claws affects Fists by changing your Fists attacks from weapon:0 attacks to weapon:2 attacks. Evocation adds whole new trappings to the Conviction and Discipline skills, allowing you to attack/maneuver/block/counterspell with your Discipline.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:29:16 PM by sinker »

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 06:31:36 PM »
And some of them are kind of tangential "effects" too. Like the Toughness powers are listed as affecting your Endurance, if I remember correctly, but they don't interact with the skill at all--just with the Physical stress track.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Tedronai

• Posty McPostington
  • Damane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:38:23 PM »
And some of them are kind of tangential "effects" too. Like the Toughness powers are listed as affecting your Endurance, if I remember correctly, but they don't interact with the skill at all--just with the Physical stress track.

Recovery powers, a specific subset of 'Toughness' powers do (more) directly affect Endurance in that they prevent it from ever restricting another skill due to fatigue, etc.
Even Chaotic Neutral individuals have to apologize sometimes. But at least we don't have to mean it.
Slough