Author Topic: Never too early to think about holiday gifts for writers...  (Read 1329 times)

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
OK, you know what I really want for Xmas?

Someone has an avatar with a keyboard that has a Fuego sign on it.  I WANT something like the Staples easy button, but it says Fuego and when you punch it with your fist a huge gas flame ignites! Dangerous yes. Not for kids yes. BUT I WANT ONE!!!

I could burn little bits of paper in it when some sentence I write deserves to be roasted.
I could slam it when someone is being irritating in front of my desk.
I could light it to get warm and fuzzy inside.
I could brighten a dreary night.
I could kill werewolves, zombies, wicked witches, and all those countless fairy tale tv series (to be fair, I hear they are good--I just don't want to watch them) with it.
I could really flame someone on line and they would never know it.
I could live out an OCD fantasy and every time I finish a paragraph, I could hit it.

What could you NOT do with a fuego easy button?

Wonder if I got someone really drunk at Buzzy Multimedia they might actually make me one... And not by putting it on a t-shirt--although that is a safe alternative...

So what's on your list for the holidays? No killing off people though--no matter how vile they might be.
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess

Offline the neurovore of Zur-En-Aargh

• O. M. G.
  • Riding eternal, shiny and Firefox
    • View Profile
Re: Never too early to think about holiday gifts for writers...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 05:51:07 PM »
So what's on your list for the holidays? No killing off people though--no matter how vile they might be.

A heavy armoury of powerful tools for dealing with all the other problems afflicting the lives of my beta-readers, so that they can settle down and read the things sitting in their inboxes and get back to me soon.

Also, a button for activating the "eighty extra hours in which you do not need to sleep or eat" feature of Friday evenings when I am on a roll. 
Mildly OCD. Please do not troll.

"What do you mean, Lawful Silly isn't a valid alignment?"

kittensgame, Sandcastle Builder, Homestuck, Welcome to Night Vale, Civ III, lots of print genre SF, and old-school SATT gaming if I had the time.  Also Pandemic Legacy is the best game ever.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »
wam people houses that can not afored heating (with my fwago button)
or is that way too do goodery
(yes i am aware that is not a word )

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 06:01:14 PM »
I want the button that download all my stories directly from my brain, without having to fall back on the massively inefficient method of writing it out by hand   ;)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
ooh i would like a button that allows me to remember every idea i have for a story