Author Topic: stupid question but can any of you help me  (Read 1394 times)

cenwolfgirl

stupid question but can any of you help me
« on: April 05, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
okay wirtting my second book and i got to chapter 9 then realised that i have forgoten babout three chrs of mine that are some where in the plot but have forgoten witch group i have them with if i mentioned them at all
if i even find them how should i make it seem like i am not a total idaot and get them back in to the plot?

can any one help me? please

CWG

Offline MClark

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: stupid question but can any of you help me
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:53:46 PM »
If you've gone nine chapters without noticing they are gone, then the characters may not be that important.

You need to decide if they are important or not.

If they aren't, they could leave in a variety of ways :

0. Excise them completely from the first chapter.

1. the plot of the book is too dangerous, so they went home. "Tangle with vampires? very dangerous. I need to, uh, get some holy water. You go on ahead. I'll catch up." Or alternatively they could bundle the hero's loved ones off to safety. "Get Mom and drive to Fort Lauderdale."

2. They went off to do research, long term planning or long term building. They can show up in the last chapter with a wheelbarrow and a holocaust cloak.

3. They were redshirts and are dead, in a coma, or in rehab, both physical and mental.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 02:01:53 PM »
funny i found them witch is a start
i left them in a cave when the others went off but then realised i put them in a chapter thurthe ahead and no clue how they got there
the place is not realy one you just walk in to at will (time travel involed for one thing)
the problem is i need them to know somthing and tell the carictor what they have found but they can not comunicat though normal means
i think i should mention that they are dogs at this point (but can comunicat with one chr due to magic)

Offline synthesis

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 01:35:51 AM »
Sounds like the characters probably will be important later, but you just don't have a use for them right now.  I'm going to guess that what you have is just a small plot glitch, which you could easily fix with a few lines of dialogue/a little explanation when you're ready for those characters to come back into play.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 06:54:59 AM »
yeah thats what i basicly did i have maniged to get them back where they were needed and it makes sence witch is a plus
thanks everyone for your help  ;D