Author Topic: Any comic/graphic novel writers?  (Read 6425 times)

Offline eviladam

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Any comic/graphic novel writers?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 04:57:44 AM »
What kind of stuff do you do? I'm trying to find an artist for a horror themed comic that has a lot to do with werewolves, but mostlly in human form.

Offline The Dread Pharaoh Roberts

• Posty McPostington
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Family friendly tees, mugs, posters, etc...
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 05:29:19 AM »
I could prob'ly pull off werewolves.  I have kind of a comic-book style, lots of dark shadow and bright highlights when I work in black and white - which I mostly do as I'm not sure where my colors are at the moment.  I sometimes color my stuff in Photoshop.  My illustration style has been described as "brooding".

I do draw people as well as machines, but I have to work to get urban backgrounds to look right.  Drives me nuts sometimes, it does...

I also do childrens' illustrations, but that just doesn't sound right for your stuff. ;D
Your Pharaoh Has Spoken...

Online portfolio: http://samurphy0320.deviantart.com/

Offline eviladam

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 08:37:29 AM »
I don't plan on a lot of urban back ground any way. The kind of stuff I'm planning works better in small towns, wooded areas that kind of thing. And black and white would probablly work best. I'm in love with all the black and white gore in walking dead.

Got any thing I could check out? Are you on deviantart?

Offline The Dread Pharaoh Roberts

• Posty McPostington
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Family friendly tees, mugs, posters, etc...
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 01:27:19 PM »
Why yes, yes I am ;D  Unfortunately, it's only a few things, and it's a pretty random assortment.  Check out the illustration for Restoration of Faith for my comic book style.

samurphy0320.deviantart.com
Your Pharaoh Has Spoken...

Online portfolio: http://samurphy0320.deviantart.com/

Offline eviladam

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 08:32:35 AM »
Oh wow. I love the Restoration of Faith picture. That's really great shading. I'll get back to you when I'm done with my script. I'm still working out a few details.

Offline Weaselon

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 09:07:19 AM »
I've been doing an online comic for over 4 years now. I do all the writing, drawing, and coloring myself, so it can take me a while to post pages. Sadly, this means I'm probably never going to make a career out of my art, but it's for fun anyway.
It's a science fiction / superhero story and I've just recently started on my novelization project. I figured at the pace I'm drawing the huge story I have planned out, I'd be better off writing a book.

www.metatime.net/uk/ or www.drunkduck.com/The_Urban_Knight/ if anyone's interested.