Author Topic: Questions  (Read 45006 times)

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2012, 02:54:19 PM »
I think that's actually been unofficially confirmed, right? Someone got him to say that Lash was the parasite while he was signing their book. 'Course, he could have been using "Lash" and "Lasciel" interchangeably. He's done that before. Or the parasite could be the combined being of Lash and Lasciel, and the Whispering Fallen could have been someone other than Lasciel. Like Anduriel, for instance. He always seemed like a great suspect, since his physical form was just a shadow to begin with, and he did come very close to killing Nicodemus. Nic might have pressured Anduriel into getting rid of Harry, even if it broke a Rule.

Yes.  The same person provided half the transcripts of the Atlanta signing Q&A before they were on youtube.  I've got that person's claim up in the compilation as sort of an asterisked WoJ.

Quote from: sapph
I was also at the ATL booksigning. When he signed my book, I asked him directly if Lash was the Parasite or the shadow. Shockingly, I got a direct answer.

She is the Parasite
link
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 02:57:19 PM by Serack »
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »
If the whispering shadow was Lash, then Lash didn't have Harry killed--Harry had himself killed.

Remember, the seven words didn't include, "Then kill yourself." They were a guilt trip, probably meant to make Harry seek power--if Lash is whispering, then she'd have preferred said power be Lasciel, but another source of power (that would heal Harry) would also help ensure Lash's and Harry's survival.

But we know-- or, at least, Uriel has led Harry to believe-- that the Whisperer intended for its words to convince Harry to kill himself. According to what Uriel said, the Whisperer knew exactly how Harry would react, and it said what it did, when it did, to trigger a suicidal reaction. That was supposedly how the Whisperer cheated, and the fact that it cheated was the reason that Harry was allowed to return to Earth in the first place. This chain of events seems to disprove the "Lash screwed up" theory.

The shadow is lasciel , i believe in a new host. Lash is the parasite. This has been i believe confirmed by jim. (not the new host part). Also let slip by Jim is there is a conection between maggie sr and the black court, and that they will be showing up soon. As to lash herslef, she knows what the black court is up too.. Not nec the outsiders. Rember her last words in wn? Shes taking a nap until after jim does his big blampire amry reveal ;)

As Serack quoted, it's been unofficially confirmed that Lash is the Parasite. It has not been confirmed that Lasciel was the Whispering Fallen. That's just the most obvious place where Lasciel could have shown up in Ghost Story.

Myself, I always feel like that's too easy a guess to make for Jim to bother hiding it at the end of GS. It feels to me like the guess we're supposed to make, and then we find out later that the truth was something sneakier and more surprising.
DV AcornArmy YR5FR5 BK+++ RP+ TH+(++) WG+++ CL++ SH[Mab+ Lara++ Molly+++]

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »
But we know-- or, at least, Uriel has led Harry to believe-- that the Whisperer intended for its words to convince Harry to kill himself. According to what Uriel said, the Whisperer knew exactly how Harry would react, and it said what it did, when it did, to trigger a suicidal reaction. That was supposedly how the Whisperer cheated, and the fact that it cheated was the reason that Harry was allowed to return to Earth in the first place. This chain of events seems to disprove the "Lash screwed up" theory.
I'd have to reread the relevant passages, but I got the impression that the whispered words were meant to push Harry into becoming the Winter Knight rather than to suicide.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2012, 05:34:13 PM »
No ureil is the one who told him to be wk methinks. Lasciel tried to kill him three times in that book i believe: once on the ladder, once with the words, and a third time with stevie d. Shes one ticked off chickie.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2012, 06:09:34 PM »
No ureil is the one who told him to be wk methinks. Lasciel tried to kill him three times in that book i believe: once on the ladder, once with the words, and a third time with stevie d. Shes one ticked off chickie.
How was Lash responsible for the ladder?  Also, and I know you'll never agree, but the words made Harry become the Winter Knight, not that they got him dead.

Offline Arjan

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2012, 06:11:02 PM »
Uriel told Harry he had other options. Mab was the only realistic option left. So basically Uriel gave his blessing. With the usual deniability of course.

WG+++: The White God is Mister.
SH[Elaine+++]

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2012, 08:13:30 PM »
How was Lash responsible for the ladder?  Also, and I know you'll never agree, but the words made Harry become the Winter Knight, not that they got him dead.

The words the Whisperer said got him dead-- he would have become the Winter Knight with or without them. We know this because did become the Winter Knight without them, after Molly erased his memory.

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2012, 08:33:46 PM »
Yep. And it was ureils 'what you do for love' speach thatb signed the deal. As to the ladder, its just an assumption, but a valid one. knights show up to opose fallen, not before, meaning lasciel acted first.
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »
Yep. And it was ureils 'what you do for love' speach thatb signed the deal. As to the ladder, its just an assumption, but a valid one. knights show up to opose fallen, not before, meaning lasciel acted first.

But Knights don't only show up to oppose Fallen. We have multiple examples of Michael being on the clock and fighting stuff other than Denarians. And if Lasciel had acted without a Denarian host, I don't see how that could not be a violation of the Rules, since she's apparently not even supposed to speak to non-host mortals directly. So if she'd broken a Rule badly enough to try to kill Harry directly-- well, for one thing, she surely would have succeeded, and for another, Uriel would've been allowed to balance it out.

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 17, 2012, 09:28:24 PM »
Oh my God, I've got it! Lasciel is Mrs. Skunkelkrief. She's been hiding in plain sight! No one ever suspects the octogenarian landlady.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 17, 2012, 11:21:24 PM »
The words the Whisperer said got him dead-- he would have become the Winter Knight with or without them. We know this because did become the Winter Knight without them, after Molly erased his memory.
He had made the decision, even if he didn't remember why he made that decision.  But before he heard the words, it was hopeless, there was nothing he could do.  It was only after he was told it was all his fault was he willing to take that extra step.

But again, we've gone and done this over and over, nobody's getting their minds changed.

Offline AcornArmy

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 17, 2012, 11:52:31 PM »
He had made the decision, even if he didn't remember why he made that decision.  But before he heard the words, it was hopeless, there was nothing he could do.  It was only after he was told it was all his fault was he willing to take that extra step.

But again, we've gone and done this over and over, nobody's getting their minds changed.

Well, then why bring it up? The second time his mind went through most of the same thoughts that he'd had before, which indicates that he had not made a decision yet. Unless you want to say that he'd already made the decision at that point the first time around, too. And the second time, he called Uriel for confirmation of his injuries and begged for help before doing anything else. It was only after talking to Uriel that he decided on what he had to do. The second time, he actually took longer to come to that conclusion than he had the first time, because the first time, he never even bothered to talk to Uriel first.

Offline peregrine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 17, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »
Well, then why bring it up?
Mostly because I'm incapable of just letting something so wrong (or so I think, obviously) become the standard accepted opinion without saying something about it, really.

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
« Reply #118 on: March 18, 2012, 12:40:53 AM »
knights show up to opose fallen, not before, meaning lasciel acted first.
That is...not really at all how the Knights work. They are not constrained to only acting and showing up when the Denarians act first--if they were, Molly would be dead, and Harry with her.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 18, 2012, 01:05:26 AM »
They are certianly allowed to act to opose supernatural evil, but they play defense. Thats the whole point of the discussion with micheal in smf.. Harry wanted to go on offense and micheal said no. Being sent on a mission, with divine guidance, to save two people from a purely natural fire is not how they work. And in PG, there is plenty of evidence at least one fall..namshiel..was very much invlved.