Author Topic: Tony Stark writeup  (Read 3641 times)

Offline Mr. Death

• Posty McPostington
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • The C-Team Podcast
Re: Tony Stark writeup
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 01:21:47 AM »
Instead of replacing Lore with Technology, give him high Craftsmanship, Resources, and Scholarship. He should have a decent Lore rating anyway--dude hangs out with Thor and fights magic monsters enough he must've learned something.
Compels solve everything!

http://blur.by/1KgqJg6 My first book: "Brothers of the Curled Isles"

Quote from: Cozarkian
Not every word JB rights is a conspiracy. Sometimes, he's just telling a story.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_T_mld7Acnm-0FVUiaKDPA The C-Team Podcast

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 04:54:42 AM »
True name/full name: Anthony Edward Stark

Needs an aspect related to alcoholism.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Taskill_Mckennan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »
We had this same idea in my group. We'd had a supergenius billionare business man. But we also have a really powerful wizard who screws up everything the Billionare makes. He then proceeded to make Computers out of Vaccuum tubes (Old 50's computers that could survive an emp blast ) but with more modern shielding and it's still fairly fast, your not gonna be gaming on them but you could go to wikipedia and such. Then he went and create "hex-resistant steam powered-VTOL" (The player actually went about explaining in great detail about how it would work and how the resident wizard wouldn't screw it over so easily) Eventually he created his own Steam-Punk iron man suit that isn't very easily hexable. The wizard can cause it to malfunction some but overall it doesn't crash the systems.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 06:36:24 PM »
Weapons should be guns...or scholarship with a stunt allowing technology based weapons (with aiming technology to be used as an attack skill).  All of his suits gear has aim assist and targeting computers etc.  Most of it is just point and click or linked directly to brain activity.

In any case Stark would be nowhere near +6 with melee or thrown weapons.

I also agree ultimately his scholarship and craftsmanship should be highest.  Then a combat skill or two, then Lore likely at +4.  he's rather ignorant of a fair amount of magical stuff until Marvel Civil War era and beyond.

Unlike Batman (another tech saavy rich guy [albeit from another universe]), he actually is a spoiled rich kid, with a lot less combat training.

Offline computerking

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Into the Dark
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 04:10:27 PM »
I'm the ComputerKing, I can Do Anything...
Into the Dark, A Podcast dedicated to Villainy
www.savethevillain.com

PS: %^#@ Orbius. This may or may not be relevant to the discussion, but whatever.

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »
Do note that a wizard can call as much power as their conviction for hexing purposes without having to pay mental stress at all. I.e. a submerged wizard could be expected to call 5 shifts of power for intentional hexing. The "5" in the hexing table hexes just about any technology in the last century or two, not just electronics and high tech. For example, Harry Dresden can warp automatic guns, which are purely mechanical and not very complicated.

Offline Taskill_Mckennan

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
Not sure if the above was towards My Steampunk iron man or to the "ironman" topic in general. Either way, i'd like to respond to it. My group understands that, and knows that sooner or later all their gadgets are gonna go Poot, they also understand the more gadgets they make, the more Fae and other non-effect creatures i'm going to throw at them