Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc  (Read 129916 times)

Offline LDWriter2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Musings of L.E.
Re: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc
« Reply #420 on: June 22, 2012, 12:46:56 AM »
Even though I didn't come here for this I say that some writers need deadlines, they need the pressure. Others do quite well without them and some do badly with them. Cen you could be one that needs them. :) 

And BTW I came to this discussion late I didn't know you were still in high school. Too bad about your relationship with your sister, that happens at times for various reasons, I hear.

But I wanted to say is that I have been revising too much lately. Can't take my laptop to work because it's too hot so last night I was feeling the Need To Write. Restarted a steampunk story and something else, I can't think of right now.

But my actual new writing has been way down sometimes less than a hundred words a day. Still feeling that way so I will be leaving to Write.
Working on Turning Lead into Gold

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #421 on: June 22, 2012, 01:49:49 AM »
Exceeded my word count goal for the week by 1k.  This is good because I'm not entirely certain how much I'll get done over the weekend.  All depends on errands and such.  But I'm hoping for another 3k to push my WiP over 70k.

I've thought about upping my daily goal from 500, since I'm doing pretty well with hitting and blowing past it, but I still have to get other aspects of my life into the right routine.

But I do seem to be on track to finishing this draft well ahead of the deadline I set for myself-my birthday in Oct.  :D
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2012, 10:19:07 AM »
Even though I didn't come here for this I say that some writers need deadlines, they need the pressure. Others do quite well without them and some do badly with them. Cen you could be one that needs them. :) 

And BTW I came to this discussion late I didn't know you were still in high school. Too bad about your relationship with your sister, that happens at times for various reasons, I hear.

But I wanted to say is that I have been revising too much lately. Can't take my laptop to work because it's too hot so last night I was feeling the Need To Write. Restarted a steampunk story and something else, I can't think of right now.

But my actual new writing has been way down sometimes less than a hundred words a day. Still feeling that way so I will be leaving to Write.

yeah i am still in high school (well we don't call it that over here in england but sumantics)
yes i work best with deadlines and proberly need them
but suck at setting them for my self as then i would never meet them ::)
also good luck
revising is hard
i could never do it on my own
there are some amazing people i rope and hood wink in to helping

good luck everyone

(me and my sister thats complicated)

good luck with your dead line starbeam

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #423 on: June 22, 2012, 12:12:41 PM »
yeah i am still in high school (well we don't call it that over here in england but sumantics)
yes i work best with deadlines and proberly need them
but suck at setting them for my self as then i would never meet them ::)
also good luck
revising is hard
i could never do it on my own
there are some amazing people i rope and hood wink in to helping

good luck everyone

(me and my sister thats complicated)

good luck with your dead line starbeam

Huh.  I thought you were a beginning colleger Cengirl.  Oh well, that just means you have more years to explore the amazing world of science fiction and fantasy as well as more time to hone your craft.

Already I've noticed an improvement in your spelling just during the time you've been on this forum.

Keep on keeping on.  As for me managed to pump out another thousand words on my Sequel book.  So that was encouraging.  About half new and half 2nd draft edits and expansions.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #424 on: June 22, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »
i have one year of secondry education school left before uni/collage

wow well done
and good luck

(and yes typing here everyday is helping my spelling, thank you for notersing and its all because of the amazing people on this forum)

Offline Zuriel

• Conversationalist
  • It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 22, 2012, 06:28:44 PM »
That's great, cen!  The internet is such a great resource for so many things.   :)  Can't imagine what life would be like without it.

I just wish I had time to explore more of it, but then there would have to be about 100 hours in a day.   :P

I had a minor brainstorm last night and finished a part of a story I'd be stewing over.  The ending just kind of came to me, all of a sudden, and it worked out great.  I love it when that happens, which isn't often enough, though.  Ended up getting 1,000 words down, so that was a productive night.  :)

I still need to complete my long story before the two-year mark hits.  Gah.  That's too long to let it go unfinished.  Maybe tonight or this weekend, if all goes well, I'll take another stab at it.

"I exist, therefore, I obsess."

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #426 on: June 22, 2012, 06:36:46 PM »
yeah i spend way too much here
its fun

well done Zuriel  :)

good luck

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #427 on: June 24, 2012, 05:18:48 AM »
223 words on bio papper
bio papper finished
now i can do some fun writing  :)

good luck everyone  ;D

Offline Lanodantheon

• Conversationalist
  • A Wizard is as a Wizard does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 24, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »
Having just finished my tenure at Google, I am now without much to do. I would look for more work, but I have the dreaded degree, "Interdisciplinary Studies".

So rather than try to get a job in insurance that will crush my proverbial soul,  I've decided to take some time doing what I've been putting off because of work: Writing.

Well, writing and learning some 3D software packages. And proactively going to the gym for the first time in my life.

But, so far....not much writing. I know I can do it. I've done it before. I've churned out a buttload of pages in a few days...

And I'm sure I can do it again. Now is the time for self-development. For blazing a new trail. For finding what I want to do. Maybe now I can see if I have what it takes so-to-speak.
www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/the-emerald-city  (Nov 2012 Campaign of The Month)

fate-accelerated-star-wars-the-infinite-empire.obsidianportal.com/
(June 2016 Campaign of The Month)

My name is Lanodantheon Thul, Conjure that by your own risk....But first, you have be able to spell it...

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #429 on: June 24, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »
good luck with the writing

you can do it!

Offline LDWriter2

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Musings of L.E.
« Reply #430 on: June 24, 2012, 05:25:56 PM »
Having just finished my tenure at Google, I am now without much to do. I would look for more work, but I have the dreaded degree, "Interdisciplinary Studies".

So rather than try to get a job in insurance that will crush my proverbial soul,  I've decided to take some time doing what I've been putting off because of work: Writing.

Well, writing and learning some 3D software packages. And proactively going to the gym for the first time in my life.

But, so far....not much writing. I know I can do it. I've done it before. I've churned out a buttload of pages in a few days...

And I'm sure I can do it again. Now is the time for self-development. For blazing a new trail. For finding what I want to do. Maybe now I can see if I have what it takes so-to-speak.

That sounds good. Writing can improve and exercise your mind and be a chance to learn to new things and meet new people.  New things not just in writing, but you can find interesting by research and chatting with follow writers. 
Working on Turning Lead into Gold

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #431 on: June 24, 2012, 05:39:30 PM »
writing is like a gerny
its about the traverling not the destination

Offline Zuriel

• Conversationalist
  • It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 25, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »
writing is like a gerny
its about the traverling not the destination

That's very true!  Just like life.   :)

Maybe that's why I keep putting off finishing my first long story, because once I do, it's over.   :(  As long as I keep editing, I keep it alive...if you get what I mean.

On the other hand, I did write yesterday.  Yay!  Got inspired when I was least thinking about writing, so I edited/completed some short stories I'd been working on since January.   :)

That sounds good. Writing can improve and exercise your mind and be a chance to learn to new things and meet new people.  New things not just in writing, but you can find interesting by research and chatting with follow writers. 

Yeah, I agree.  Writing has been a great exercise for my brain, opened up new interests, and gives me a way to express myself creatively...since I can't sing a note on key or paint a masterpiece.   :P

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #433 on: June 25, 2012, 04:02:27 PM »
i can sing but you will never hear me
writting has given me a lot more confidence then i would have and aloud me to express diffrent ideas and explore new things

good for you for writing yesterday

wish i could get something to papper

and finnershing
yeah i have never maniged yet
i am not shore
there is always the next project

Offline Zuriel

• Conversationalist
  • It is what it is
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 25, 2012, 05:54:38 PM »
Oh, how I wish I could sing.  Just about everyone in my family can carry a tune but me...and I wanted to so badly, but it just didn't happen.   :(

So, you're taking a little break from writing - which is super ok.  At least you got your biology paper written, so that counts.   :)

Trouble is, right now, I have too many ideas I want to start and can't decide which one to begin first.  Indecision is a hindrance to me sometimes...unless a spark of creativity happens to light on one idea over the others.  I'm hoping that happens soon.