Author Topic: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc  (Read 129326 times)

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
  • Persuasion is the key to success.
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
Re: The I'm Writing Thread.... Celebrate your pages written etc
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 05:15:10 AM »
Had total brain constipation yesterday and got a word count of pretty much 0  :(

Fortunately, today worked out a lot better for me. I managed to knock out 3500 words. This brings the running total up to 39K on my current project. I'm exhausted right now but feeling a bit more accomplished.

I was up late last night doing pretty much the same thing.  Between 3-4k lasts night.

Life's just been dragging me down.  Plus I don't have as clear an idea on my sub-plots for the sequel.

Anyway word count up to 52.8K written for Admiral's Gambit.

Hopefully last night was a sign and I'm back on task.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

The Deposed King (a member of baen's bar)

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2012, 01:30:50 PM »
Ack I've been a bad otter, I haven't written a damn thing in two days, and you guys are busting out three thousand words a night. *facepalm*

(yes I meant to write otter not Author)
In the darkest hour i shall be there.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2012, 06:35:04 PM »
oh not feel bad i have life interfering and am not able to right till serten peaces of school work are compleated this eans i have not writen anything majorely more than 100 words in a week err its frustrating as when i can not wright my best ideas come to me

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 11:46:18 PM »
Ack I've been a bad otter, I haven't written a damn thing in two days, and you guys are busting out three thousand words a night. *facepalm*

(yes I meant to write otter not Author)

Don't feel bad I missed a day and then only popped out 2.8k last night.  Life is just a bugbear sometimes.

The Deposed King

Proverbs 22:7, "The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave of the lender"

Offline Nickeris86

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2012, 12:43:05 AM »
the problem is that I second guess myself so much while I write that I end up only getting a few hundred words down a day when I actually get around to writing.

Though it does not help that the only time I have to write is in the evening or weekends which is also the only time I have for friends and other fun stuff.

Sometimes wanting to be a writer sucks lol but I wouldn't want to be anything else.
In the darkest hour i shall be there.

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2012, 12:56:43 AM »
the problem is that I second guess myself so much while I write that I end up only getting a few hundred words down a day when I actually get around to writing.

Though it does not help that the only time I have to write is in the evening or weekends which is also the only time I have for friends and other fun stuff.

Sometimes wanting to be a writer sucks lol but I wouldn't want to be anything else.

got to give yourself permission to write the crud and then come back later, when its all finished and polish it up.

The Deposed king

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2012, 02:49:19 AM »
Right, getting the first draft down is the hard part....

After that, rewriting, and refining....well, that's even harder... :D

But seruously -- write and worry about making it better once you have something to work with. I have a mess of short stories and two novels that are partially written just for that reason....

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »
Worse comes to worst, you can throw out entire scenes that you don't like and rewrite them with the first draft as practice behind you. As they say, the most important thing is to write and worry about finesse later.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »
finished the important school work
now can get back to the fun writting reading what i have and find i have a hole seen that has to be rewriton sigh ohwell oviusly was not a good day when i wort it now must go back to the dawring board for that seen
good luck with all your projects

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2012, 06:55:48 PM »
After a long time, back to work on Merlin's Legacy. Right now, it's finishing it, then worrying about all the changes I'm going to have to make. Still, at 90,000+ words, it's not a bad size.... ;D

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

Offline The Deposed King

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
    • Luke Sky Wachter Blog
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2012, 01:15:52 AM »
After a long time, back to work on Merlin's Legacy. Right now, it's finishing it, then worrying about all the changes I'm going to have to make. Still, at 90,000+ words, it's not a bad size.... ;D

Craig

Reve that engine turtle man!  90k is more than respectable.  Don't let those rabbits get you down!  (anyone like my cheesy references to the tortois and the hare?  Been doing lots of bed time stories for the kids ;) )

The Deposed King

Offline KevinEvans

• Conversationalist
  • The Butterfly did it, Alt History
    • View Profile
    • My personal Author page
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2012, 09:41:14 AM »
Didn't write any thing Thurs... I Went to Santa Fe for research, and food. Walking old battle fields (The battle was fought 332 years ago.) can be tough when the cars keep trying to run you down. But the beer was good.

Regards,
Kevin
Are Tech articles written for a nonexistent town in an alternate universe, Fiction?

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »
just finished the first draft for chapter five of my second book in my curent univers  ;D

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »
Added 1500 words last night. Hope to add about the same tonight. We'll see.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

cenwolfgirl

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »
fixed a few plot holes sorted out basic plane for my books ending witch is good
got some people to bata read by first book (the start of it at least)
good luke with your writting everyoone