The Site > Site Suggestions & Support

Known Issues After Downtime

(1/3) > >>

iago:
Okay, I'm trying to collect known issues after the downtime.

Right now the main one I can see is that I'm not getting emailed notification of replies (I'd bet the same problem exists for PMs for folks who've opted to have those emailed to them). I think this is an issue with the configuration of mail on the new server rather than the forum software itself, but we'll see.

Anything else?

Please limit the chatter; I only want to see replies reporting genuine technical issues with the forum.

iago:
UPDATE: It might work now!  We will see.

Serack:
I suspect that reporting to a mod is having a similar issue.  I had a post in the "Story of Us" forum that was "pending approval most of the day yesterday, and I had "reported" it in an attempt to expedite that.  By the end of the day I gave up, re-posted it without the link (to another topic in the forums) then edited it in.  A bypass to the "approval" process I found a while ago.

Additionally, yesterday I reported a post by Jim that turns 1 year old today, and it hasn't been transferred yet, which Prisc has done rather quickly for me in the past.

Edit:  edited in the link to Jim's post

Edit2:  I just used the report function on your "UPDATE" which should be an expedient way to "see"

iago:

--- Quote from: Serack on January 22, 2012, 10:25:33 PM ---I suspect that reporting to a mod is having a similar issue.  I had a post in the "Story of Us" forum that was "pending approval most of the day yesterday, and I had "reported" it in an attempt to expedite that.  By the end of the day I gave up, re-posted it without the link (to another topic in the forums) then edited it in.  A bypass to the "approval" process I found a while ago.

Additionally, yesterday I reported a post by Jim that turns 1 year old today, and it hasn't been transferred yet, which Prisc has done rather quickly for me in the past.

Edit:  edited in the link to Jim's post

--- End quote ---

Yep, absolutely all email actions by the webserver were blocked. I just unblocked them. I'll check on the aging post. :)

iago:
Okay, that message has been split out and tossed into the WOJ board. Probably not as gracefully or correctly as Priscilla, but that should at least prevent losing it to deletion. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version