Author Topic: Writing gigs...  (Read 9145 times)

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Writing gigs...
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »
That is not, by chance, an unkind reference to fine offerings such as Swamp Volcano or Ice Road Terror by any chance, is it?

Offline Darkshore

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 01:09:31 PM »
I would personally direct that towards things such as Dino-croc vs. Supergator.

Offline Paynesgrey

• Bartender
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »
I liked the one where the fragment of the brown dwarf magnetized the moon, so things like people and hay bales would just randomly float up into the sky...

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
  • You can have your own truth, not your own facts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2012, 12:14:01 AM »
Crap scripts might be easier to write but are far harder, I think, to sell.
And because they are formulaic and, somewhat, easier to write than a novel there are far, far, far more of them than novels written.
Everybody seems to think they can write a script.  (They can't but that doesn't stop them.)
Having read my share of REALLY bad scripts.  Also having watched the resulting mess (CAN WE SAY SCIFY) on TV.

Yes but the REALLY Really bad ones actually MAKE it that far - I've read some truly horrible slush pile submissions that NO one would ever thinking about letting see the published light of day - scripts on the other hand DO seem to, more often make it to someone with equally bad taste who just happens to know somebody, who knows somebody...
"When I was 5 years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when i grew up. I wrote down “Happy”. They told me i didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. "
-John Lennon-

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 03:49:14 AM »
That is not, by chance, an unkind reference to fine offerings such as Swamp Volcano or Ice Road Terror by any chance, is it?

Frankly most anything made specifically for the SyFy network.
Pterodactyl.

Offline trboturtle

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Trboturtle's writing pad
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 06:16:27 PM »
A lot of scripts there days are set up as Lowest common denomanator -- hot women/hunky guys, explosions, bad guys with capital B and G, and a plot that might hold together if you tilted your head to the right and squinted....

Quaility or originaity are not in most filmakers lexicon. For every original idea, there are a dozen rip-offs that try to cash in. And the accounting practices a lot of studios use would make most people's head spin.

I'll stick with story writing for now.

Craig
Author of 25+ stories for Battlecorps.com, the official website for Battletech canon stories.
Co-author of "Outcasts Ops: African Firestorm," "Outcast Ops: Red Ice," & "Outcast Ops: Watchlist"
http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
    SCRIPTS WANTED THAT FEATURE ONLY TWO MAIN CHARACTERS

---------------
    Sarke - Seeking Scripts With Only Two Main Characters
    ---------------

We are looking for completed feature-length scripts that feature only two main cast members and few (if any) extras.  We prefer horror or thriller submissions, but we are open to any genre as long as there are no more than two main characters in the story.

Budget will not exceed $1 million.  WGA and non-WGA writers may submit.

Our credits include "247º", which was written by a writer we met through InkTip.

TO SUBMIT:
    1. Please go to www.InkTippro.com/leads
    2. Enter your email address (you will be signing up for InkTip's newsletter - FREE!)
    3. Copy/Paste this code: jkv8nucstd
    4. You will be submitting a logline and synopsis only.

IMPORTANT:  Please ONLY submit your work if it fits what the lead is looking for EXACTLY.

If you aren't sure if your submission fits, please ask InkTip first.  Please mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com and please email any questions to:
    jerrol@inktip.com
"When I was 5 years old my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when i grew up. I wrote down “Happy”. They told me i didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. "
-John Lennon-

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »
    HIRING WRITER TO WRITE SHORTS FOR ONLINE PRODUCTION COMPANY

Academy-Award winning producer seeks experienced writer for inspirational new media company, SpiritClips.com.

Primary responsibility will be writing short, inspirational scripts.  Must possess a mature perspective and be able to work in house.

Pay is negotiable.

TO SUBMIT:
    Be sure to mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com, and email ALL the information requested below to:
    nare@spiritclips.com
    Be sure to include:
    1.  Please take a look at our content at www.SpiritClips.com and write a COVER LETTER that describes why you are a good fit.
    2.  Include one short writing sample (5 pages or less)
    3.  Let us know your professional writing experience.  Please have at least one professional writer gig under your belt (does not have to be feature film).
-John Lennon-

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2012, 03:14:35 AM »
SCRIPTS WANTED THAT FEATURE SCIENCE EDUCATIONAL THEMES

---------------
Cosmotoons Inc. - Seeking Scripts with Science Education
---------------

We are looking for completed scripts or extended treatments with a science-based educational core, i.e. something in the vein of "What the #$*! Do We (K)now!?" or "Cosmic Quantum Ray"(Animated TV series on HUB).  We are NOT looking for submissions in the vein of Star Trek or some other sci-fi story.

Please only submit if you are familiar with the above two titles.  We are open to features, series, documentaries or animated projects, as long as they have a clear scientific theme and preferably based on existing book, comics, game or a toy.

Budget has yet to be determined. WGA and non-WGA writers may submit.

Our credits include "Rift."

TO SUBMIT:
2. Enter your email address (you will be signing up for InkTip's newsletter - FREE!)
3. Copy/Paste this code: rhjq0u9br4

IMPORTANT:  Please ONLY submit your work if it fits what the lead is looking for EXACTLY.
-John Lennon-

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 12:52:28 AM »
    NOVELS WANTED FOR PUBLICATION
    POST-APOCOLYPTIC THEMES, MYTHOLOGICAL ADVENTURES, AND UNDERDOG COMEDIES

Parkside Press has entered into a global distribution deal with a major US publisher and is seeking completed NOVELS in the following genres:

1.  Novels that feature a Post-Apocalyptic and/or Dystopian Theme (ala The Hunger Games) for immediate publication.  MUST be for YOUNG ADULT age range (12 and up).

2.  Novels that are Mythological Adventures (such as Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus).  MUST be for KIDS or YOUNG ADULT age range.

3.  Novels that are Underdog Comedies (such as Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Dork Diaries).  MUST be for KIDS or YOUNG ADULT age range.

Books that are chosen receive up to a $5,000 advance for publishing rights.

We want high concept novels with strong central characters, great antagonists, and skillfully crafted tension.  Manuscripts must be professionally edited, print-ready and no greater than 70,000 words.

All writers are welcome to submit.  Our publishing credits include The Galactic Adventures of Jaedyn G. and the upcoming graphic novel House of Heroes.

IMPORTANT: Please ONLY submit your work if it fits the above description.

TO SUBMIT:
    Be sure to mention you heard about this from Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com, and email ALL the information requested below to:
    rmullen@parksidepress.com
    Be sure to include:
    1.  Your name (first and last)
    2.  Contact phone number
    3.  A LOGLINE and SHORT synopsis (1 page max) as TEXT within the body of the email (No attachments)
    4.  The subject line should read "Last Name + Book Title - Referred by Jeff Gund at INFOLIST.com"
-John Lennon-

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 02:18:07 PM »
SCRIPTS WANTED - MINDBENDING THRILLER/MYSTERY/DRAMA

---------------
Cinemonger - Seeking Low-Budget, Mindbending, Indie Sensibility Screenplays
---------------

We are looking for completed feature-length low-budget psychological suspense/thriller/mystery/drama scripts - trippy, mindbending scripts - with reality shifts, mental instability, ticking clock mechanisms.  In other words, scripts in the vein of "Donnie Darko," "Birth," "Martha Marcy May Marlene," "Tell No One," etc.  Sometimes disturbing, with a foreboding atmosphere of suspense, danger and that the world is not as it seems.

We are NOT interested in straight-up horror scripts, action/thrillers or crime scripts without the story elements mentioned above.  In other words, though we like the film "Se7en;" it would not fit the above criteria since it is an edgy, dark mainstream crime film but without the mindbending elements.  We are not interested in "traditional" detective or Lifetime-types of thrillers unless they contain the fears, paranoia and story devices of the titles mentioned above.  The story can contain metaphysical concerns (such as in "Donnie Darko,"), but the scale should not be of "The Matrix," since this is a lower-budget film.  Please look at the above titles to get an indication of the sensibility and taste.

Budget will not exceed $1 million.  Both WGA and Non-WGA writers may submit.

Our credits include "Roshambo Apocalypse."

TO SUBMIT:
3. Copy/Paste this code: uf3w7cbd03

-John Lennon-

Offline Dresdenus Prime

• Conversationalist
  • More than meets the Wizards Sight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2012, 03:35:40 AM »
    NOVELS WANTED FOR PUBLICATION
    POST-APOCOLYPTIC THEMES, MYTHOLOGICAL ADVENTURES, AND UNDERDOG COMEDIES

I have a post apocolyptic book currently in the planning stages, but there isn't much of it written yet. I noticed to submit though all you have to do is the one page synopsis and logline you mentioned. How far into the writing do you think they'd expect you to be? I know some publishers want full manuscripts, and some(like scholastic did with the hunger games) will sign you on based on your synopsis and everything you have planned out so far. I'd love to write up a synopsis and submit it but if they would be interested and expect me to have something immediately ready for publication I don't think that would be possible.
DV Dresdenus Prime v1.2 YR6 FR(M)1 BK+ RP- JB TH++ WGH CL- SW+ BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++++ Murphy- Elaine-- Mab+++++)

Offline Snowleopard

• Needs A Life
  • Small but sneaky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2012, 03:40:39 AM »
If you're starting out the more you have done the better.

Offline DragonEyes

• Posty McPostington
  • The Universe tried to erase Rory once. It exploded
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2012, 03:42:41 AM »
Write for yourself and your audience. Get published later, if it works.
You've managed- in our three years together- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It's a strange foundation for a relationship.

Offline Kristine

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 06:06:03 PM »
If you're starting out the more you have done the better.
I'd have to agree with this.
-John Lennon-