Author Topic: Poison and Ectoplasm  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Aubri

• Participant
    • View Profile
Poison and Ectoplasm
« on: December 05, 2011, 06:23:21 PM »
If you were bitten by a poisonous creature from the Nevernever, at what point (if ever) would the poison revert to ectoplasm? Could you set a magic circle around yourself to cut the poison's connection to whatever was keeping it stable in the real world?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:24:55 PM by Aubri »

Offline CottbusFiles

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Poison and Ectoplasm
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:11:50 PM »
If you were bitten by a poisonous creature from the Nevernever, at what point (if ever) would the poison revert to ectoplasm? Could you set a magic circle around yourself to cut the poison's connection to whatever was keeping it stable in the real world?

If it is fey it wouldn't. Fey are flesh enough, they leave bodys behind too and don't revert back to ectoplasm
Trouble Aspect : The nazis are trying to kill me
                       I have a phoenix inside of me
                       Nothing goes like i want it to

Offline Malraza

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:16:57 PM »
I could easily see it going two ways. It goes away as soon as you force what ever it is back to the Nevernever, draw a circle around yourself to cut the magic tie or what ever else you can thing of for that. Alternatively though, I think you could easily explain that not working with some kind of "feeding off your energy" type of explanation and make an antidote the solution. Depends on what you're going for, I suppose. Definitely could go ether ways.

Offline Aubri

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »
If it is fey it wouldn't. Fey are flesh enough, they leave bodys behind too and don't revert back to ectoplasm
This is a valid point. Assume it was summoned.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 11:54:42 PM »
This question does not have a correct answer.

I would likely let the magic circle work, because it's clever. But I wouldn't have the poison dissolve naturally quickly enough to save anyone unless someone made a Declaration.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 12:35:38 AM »
Yeah, this is one of those questions where the answer is going to vary from table to table, and even from situation to situation.

I think most of the time I would be all for countering the poison with a circle, because as Sanctaphrax pointed out it's clever and it makes for a good story. But I think there would likely be other times when it would actually detract from the story (like if we had a whole session based on finding the antidote) and then I'd probably figure out a reason why it wouldn't work like Malraza has.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:47:28 AM by sinker »

Offline Aubri

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 02:29:52 AM »
All right, thanks!

Offline ARedthorn

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 07:41:35 PM »
I'd certainly let it stop the poison, but any damage already done wouldn't recover- poison is a problem because of the way your body reacts to it, ecto or not- it was good enough to fool your body for long enough to do some harm, then that harm will have to heal the normal way.