Author Topic: Opinions and help with my magic system  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Relicmaster198

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions and help with my magic system
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 05:50:56 AM »
The reason for the Fountain of Youth bit is that my MC needed a way to stay live long enough to train a child of prophecy to be the Relic Master. I do agree that the bottling of the water from the fountain does need to have some type of cost and that the potency of it vanishes after only a few years if it is not drunk within that amount of time. My MC is also a person who sometimes forgets important details about things and one of those things is where in his bag he left his bottles of fountain water which is another side effect of the water. Another thing I should mention is that my MC does have a wand that he uses but that is only used as a channel for his magic even though it does have magical properties of its own.

Offline Darkshore

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions and help with my magic system
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 11:19:58 AM »
Eh...In the end it's your story and you should tell it the way you want to tell it, but I'm still shaking my head at the Fountain of Youth. I just feel it would be a lot more interesting if each time they used magic they knew they were a step closer to death. It doesn't have to be a fast paced type of thing either, think the WoT with the magic slowly turning them insane. The guy could easily still be alive to train a younger magic user if he wasn't going all Dirty Harry on everyone with his magic mojo.