Author Topic: New post from Jim.  (Read 1663 times)

Offline Darkshore

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
New post from Jim.
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:37:17 PM »
And it's one hell of an inspiring read. http://jimbutcher.livejournal.com/

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: New post from Jim.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:49:40 PM »
There's a lot of similarly good stuff at terribleminds.com by Chuck Wendig. Piles of blunt, sometimes harsh, uncompromising and dead-on accurate views and advice. Jim and Chuck both realize that the one sine qua non of writing is... well, writing.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Enjorous

• Seriously?
  • Prince of the Gutter since 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 07:15:26 PM »
That was a great read, I have to say I didn't see the Scott Pilgram reference coming.
Kentucky Fried Shuriken - Finger Lickin' Death.
Quote from: horsehearted
Nah, women are just batshit crazy ALL the time!  :D
87.1% Dresden Pure rank: Nicodemus

Offline Don

• Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 03:42:02 PM »
It turns out that my Harry Potter alter-ego is Sirius Black :)

Since I'm being Sirius, it's really awesome that Jim took time out of his busy schedule to put that blog together.  I'm no author, but I read his blog a couple of times.  I even bought a copy of Jack Bickam's (the teacher of Jim's teacher) Writing Novels that Sell for funsies.  I find the subject matter to be extremely interesting.  Armed with a little bit of information about the nuts and bolts of writing craft, I think I have a better appreciation of the stuff I read. 

No matter what, those posts must have taken a lot of time that could have been spent doing other important things. 

Thanks.
Don is the Prince of Anarchy  :P

Please excuse my grammar, and speling.

Offline broke33poke

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 02:39:11 AM »
Printed it out and have read it three times so far.  I'd read a book on this stuff before, but it all made no scence at all.  But now after reading Jim's version I'm rereading the other book.  Loved Jim's blog.  He should impart more, he's good at it.