Author Topic: Determining difficulties for Sight roles  (Read 1027 times)

Offline zenten

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Determining difficulties for Sight roles
« on: October 26, 2011, 12:15:16 AM »
Does anyone have any guidelines for determining difficulties when using The Sight?  I always feel like I'm pulling these out of my ass, and I really don't know what is appropriate most of the time.

Offline The Mighty Buzzard

• Posty McPostington
  • Unemployed in Greenland
    • View Profile
Re: Determining difficulties for Sight roles
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 06:28:56 AM »
No idea. Ass pullage is pretty much the only way to go unless you want to sit down and stat possibilities until your brain turns to mush.
Violence is like duct tape.  If it doesn't solve the problem, you didn't use enough.

My web based NPC formatter, output suitable for copy/paste to boards and wiki, can be found here.

Offline Selrach

• Conversationalist
  • You'll never guess
    • View Profile
Re: Determining difficulties for Sight roles
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 06:36:15 AM »
I think the best guideline is to think how it will affect your plot.  Basically how will this affect the story and what do you want to reveal about the character in question? For basic NPCs I don't see it climbing over 3 but for most antagonists I can see it going to 5 or even 6 in some extreme cases. Keep in mind using the Sight the wizard sees things as it is. The only thing holding them back is if it is too alien or simply to horrible/vast/ect for them. Other than that well I point you to the default answer: " I dunno whatever you think works."
Apparently I would much rather post than sleep.