Author Topic: New Shapeshifting Power: Multiple Bodies [-7]  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Revlid

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: New Shapeshifting Power: Multiple Bodies [-7]
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »
New version up.

Changed Split Power. Added Von Neumann's Magic (clones can make clones) and Ontological Inertia (clones don't die when you do). Edited Hive Mind again.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 11:17:28 PM »
After thinking some more about it, I think that it might be better to make it the default that your copies have no powers at all. Then you could buy powers that would apply to you and your copies at a slightly increased cost. This would let us reduce the cost of the base power, which would probably be a good thing.

The cost increase would probably have to scale with the number of clones you can make.

EDIT: Wrote this while Revlid was editing first post. Will read new version now.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 11:32:33 PM »
New Split Powers is better, but maybe still flawed. Not sure.

The Von Neumann thing doesn't quite seem worth 2 refresh to me. Also curious about how it interacts with the split rebates.

For Ontological Inertia, I suggest you add something like this:

"Occasionally, one of your clones might break free of its link to you and become a character in itself. (This is generally a compel on your High Concept.) A clone that does this cannot be recalled by you and, if you have the Von Neumann's Magic upgrade, can create its own supply of clones."