Author Topic: Tentacles [-1] (Creature Feature)  (Read 991 times)

Offline Revlid

• Participant
    • View Profile
Tentacles [-1] (Creature Feature)
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:40:03 AM »
TENTACLES [–1] (CREATURE FEATURE)
Description: You have multiple arms, or else a set of writhing tentacles. Schoolgirls beware!
Note: Unless you have the ability to conceal your nature or change your shape, your tentacles are always visible.
Skills Affected: Fists.
Effects:
Multitudinous Appendages. Whenever you make a spray attack (page 326) that somehow utilizes your many limbs, they grant a bonus of +1 to each of your attacks, regardless of how you divide the roll. This bonus occurs after dividing your initial attack; you must still allocate at least an Average (+1) roll to each target before applying this bonus.

Dextrous Tendrils [-1]. This upgrade allows you to make Spray Maneuvers and Spray Blocks with your many limbs, which function in the same way as Spray Attacks; roll whatever skill you would normally roll to produce that Maneuver or Block, and then split your result in any way you desire between multiple targets. Spray Maneuvers must all aim to produce (or remove) the same temporary aspect (say, Tripped By Tentacles). Spray Blocks must all aim to block either the same target or the same action. Neither Spray Maneuvers or Spray Blocks benefit from the +1 bonus of Multitudinous Appendages.

Offline Blackblade

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Tentacles [-1] (Creature Feature)
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
I believe that there is already a "Multiple limbs" power in the custom list (somewhere) that lets you do these sorts of things. 

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »
Spray Blocks must all aim to block either the same target or the same action.

Umm, maybe I don't understand what you mean, but isn't this how all blocks work? That they can prevent all targets from doing one action, or prevent one target from doing all actions? Are you trying to say that with this one could essentially apply multiple blocks to a single target? If that's the case then they would all have to be blocks against a different action or they would all fall at the same time and there would be no point.

I guess before I muse further I should simply ask for clarification. What do you mean by this?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54:48 AM »
I'll just quote myself here, for comparison's sake:

Semi-final draft of Extra Appendages. Hope it works for everyone.

I'm thinking of tacking a restriction onto Excellent Coordination, in order to balance it against Superb Coordination. (Because it's more powerful as-is.) This restriction would force the user to divide their spray attack evenly or as close to evenly as possible.

Thoughts?

Oh, and one other thing: I think that this is it for Creature Features.

EXTRA APPENDAGES [-2]
Description: You have some extra arms (or other limbs) which make you pretty darn good at multasking in combat.
Skills Affected: Fists, Weapons, Guns
Effects:
Multiple Targets. You may make spray attacks with anything, within reason.
Mix And Match. You may use multiple different weapons in a single spray attack. Use the lowest applicable skill. You may also make attack-like (offensive, not navel gazing) maneuvers as part of a spray attack.
Flurry Of Blows [-1]. You may direct multiple attacks (or maneuvers) within a single spray at one character.
Excellent Coordination [-1]. For each purchase of this trapping, add 1 to the accuracy of each attack or maneuver within spray attacks that you make. This cannot increase accuracy beyond the number of shifts that you had to split up between attacks in the first place. This trapping may be purchased up to twice and is mutually exclusive with Superb Coordination.
Superb Coordination [-1]. For each purchase of this trapping, add 2 to the total pool of shifts that you may divide among attacks and maneuvers when making a spray attack. You may not apply more shifts to any one attack or maneuver than you had to split up before the bonus from this trapping. This trapping may be purchased up to twice and is mutually exclusive with Excellent Coordination.

I have to say, I like the idea of spray blocks. Wish I had thought of that.