Author Topic: Acts of selfless hope  (Read 1298 times)

Offline magnusth

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Acts of selfless hope
« on: October 05, 2011, 11:19:42 AM »
So, i'm starting a campain where he main enemies are the house skavis, which feed on despair, and one of the players has esperracious. So, i'm wondering: if suicide and fatalism are the premier acts/expressions of despair, what would be the same for hope? what would be a skavis virgin's "escape clause"? what would confer protection? i'm just looking for ideas, so...

Offline Guldor

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Acts of selfless hope
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 01:33:30 PM »
Some ideas for True Hope:

Someone with a terminal illness, who is still happy and has perspectives in his life.

Some strong religious believers, who have witnessed war, rape and other bad stuff, but still believe in the general goodness of mankind.

The city of Las Vegas or similiar places should be bad mojo for Skavis. Although everybody knows that in the end the bank will win, they are hoping for the big prize. Here I wouldnīt say itīs true spiritual hope but a lot of people with a lot of hope at one place could disturb a Skavis WCV.

Offline Ghsdkgb

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:54:13 PM »
Well, with the Raiths, they inspire lust to feed off of, and a virgin who "feeds" in true love will break the curse.

So with the Skavis, who inspire despair to feed off of, a virgin who "feeds" from true hope will break the curse. So perhaps they'd have to talk somebody out of suicide to break their curse.
"I am responsible for more than my own fun."

Offline magnusth

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:37:30 PM »
Some ideas for True Hope:

Someone with a terminal illness, who is still happy and has perspectives in his life.

Some strong religious believers, who have witnessed war, rape and other bad stuff, but still believe in the general goodness of mankind.

The city of Las Vegas or similiar places should be bad mojo for Skavis. Although everybody knows that in the end the bank will win, they are hoping for the big prize. Here I wouldnīt say itīs true spiritual hope but a lot of people with a lot of hope at one place could disturb a Skavis WCV.
Well.. wouldn't the second  one be faith, not hope? Anyway, funny you would mention LA; it's our city. i figured that with so many gambling their livelyhoods away or getting married in a stupor or spending all their new-won money on hookers or whatever, there'd be plenty of despair. also, they, at least partialy, run the homeless shelters...