Other Jimness > Darkest Hours

Just finished the book.... (Spoilers)

(1/2) > >>

bentleyml:
I had pre-ordered the book as soon as I could.  I was surprised Monday when a package from Amazon showed up and opened it to find The Darkest Hours.  I started reading right away.  I mean how could I not?  My favorite author writing for my favorite Super Hero? :D

So I read it over the past two days.  I enjoyed the book quite a bit.

I think my absolute favorite part was the conversation between Spider-Man and the Rhino in Aunt May's apartment. 

The Ancients were an interesting villain. 

The appearance of Strange and Wong was cool.

A wonderful mix of action and characters.  I hope to see more Spider-Man from Jim. :D

Darla:

--- Quote from: bentleyml on June 14, 2006, 03:34:05 AM ---I think my absolute favorite part was the conversation between Spider-Man and the Rhino in Aunt May's apartment.

--- End quote ---

LOL, yeah.  I was with MJ, except I could giggle aloud. 

cindycic2:
I finally got The Darkest Hours yesterday and am really enjoying it so far! I have to be honest and admit that it's the first Spiderman novel I've ever read; I've enjoyed the movies and have read some comics in the past, but it took Jim writing one to get me to venture into a Spiderman book. :)

ETA: I guess that I can now post in the ‘Just Finished the book’ thread for real  ;) --  I finished it this afternoon, and once I got into the ‘swing’ of reading a Spider-Man novel, it was very enjoyable. Lots of snark and fun lines; though this was my first Spider-Man novel, as I mentioned above, it seemed to me that I could recognize a lot of Jim-type humor in it. I will say that I even got a little teary-eyed during the phone conversation between Aunt May and Peter. *sniff* I loved the “magically malicious” response, lol, and as a Spike fan, the

--- Quote ---"It is a trap." She considered and stuck out her thumb too. "Dummy."
--- End quote ---
gave me a big smile. :D I too liked the scene with Rhino, Peter and Mary Jane in Aunt May's apartment. Another conversation that I particularly noticed was with Dr. Strange (pages 130 and 131).

I'm sure that with me not being a Spider-Man aficionado as many on the list here are I missed a lot of "in" references from previous novels and other story/plot-lines, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the book. I can’t honestly say that I will read another Spider-Man novel (unless Jim writes another that is), but this one was well-worth reading IMO.

Darla:

--- Quote from: cindycic2 on June 27, 2006, 12:00:38 PM ---

I'm sure that with me not being a Spider-Man aficionado as many on the list here are I missed a lot of "in" references from previous novels and other story/plot-lines, but it didn't affect my enjoyment of the book. I can’t honestly say that I will read another Spider-Man novel (unless Jim writes another that is), but this one was well-worth reading IMO.

--- End quote ---

Heh.  Same here.  Then I spent a lot of time on Wikipedia checking to see which characters/events Jim had invented, and which were canon. 

Valiar Marcus:
Just finished it myself and I gotta say it was up to Jim's high standards.  Very nicely done. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version