Author Topic: Statting Gregori Cristos  (Read 1490 times)

Offline zenten

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Statting Gregori Cristos
« on: September 22, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »
So I want to use him in the game as a mentor for one of the PCs, but I have no idea of how to stat him besides "good at social stuff, not quite Senior Council power level".  Any suggestions?

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
Re: Statting Gregori Cristos
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 10:05:50 PM »
I think it was stated somewhere that compared to the rest of the SC, Eb is the weakest of them, before Cristos showed up. In that case, I would look up McCoy's sheet in OW and go from that. Less refinement to make him weaker, swap out skills to put the social skills on top and put the refresh you took from refinement in social/political stunts, that should pretty much be enough.

Though, I don't think as a mentor character he has to have stats at all. He's probably going to be more of a plot device anyway, sending his apprentice on tasks or maybe have him as a mouthpiece to give information to the players. Neither needs stats. Unless of course, you are planning something nasty ;)
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 04:48:11 AM »
There's a debate about his competence in one of the books - I think it was Changes.  Since the game isn't up to that book yet:
(click to show/hide)

As for McCoy being the weakest on the council, I'm not sure.  He had refused the offer several times, perhaps because it might conflict with his other duties.  Combat wise I'd put his offense strength at near the Merlin's, but the Merlin is better at defense.

Richard

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 04:58:50 AM »
There is a thread on the Resources board for this, you know.

In it, DeadManWalking statted up the Senior Council. He ranked McCoy quite highly.

He didn't write up LaFortier or Christos, but he did say that he'd probably put Christos at about 28-29 refresh. Presumably that'd be mostly Refinement with a social stunt or two.

I'd be willing to take a crack at him, using the "Deep One" power level and leaving a lot of spare refresh.

If you'd rather do it yourself, I can point you to a generic Senior Council member writeup that might serve as inspiration. It's on reply #42 of the Generic NPC thread.

PS: Ignore the OW Senior Council. They are ludicrously underpowered.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:15:48 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:05:46 AM »
Yeah, the OW senior council are nowhere near the power level Senior Council wizards have shown in the novels. The Merlin and the Gatekeeper raised a ward, mid-combat, without a threshold to anchor it, that could stop an entire army of vampires and outsiders. Ebenezar can casually blast multistorey buildings made of solid stone or pancake a couple hundred enemies at once or can cause disasters on par with nuclear weapons if used time to work thaumaturgically. Listens-to-Wind is good enough in shapeshifting to beat a shapeshifting demigod and good enough at defense magic to stop magical attacks stronger than Dresden's.