Author Topic: Ghosts and How to Stat them?  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Dravokian

• Participant
    • View Profile
Ghosts and How to Stat them?
« on: September 20, 2011, 03:58:30 AM »
I was wondering how to go about stating ghosts in game. I have a player who is a ectomancer and calls up ghosts to do his biding similar to a summon and binding. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this in game and how to go about deciding how powerful a ghost should be in comparison to spell strength or any examples of ghosts people have used in game. Thxs

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Ghosts and How to Stat them?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 04:38:24 AM »
There are some stats in Our World.

There are also some on the Generic NPC thread, replies #209-216.

Ghost Form powers designed to fit better than the canon Spirit Form are in progress on the spoiler board.

There is a set of summoning homebrew rules that might be helpful for choosing complexity. Link: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,24744.45.html
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:56:05 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Richard_Chilton

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 04:59:20 AM »
There's been a bit of talk about this on the spoiler board, possibly inspired by the latest (and still covered with the spoiler tag) novel called Ghost Story

Richard

Offline UmbraLux

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:41:11 AM »
I was wondering how to go about stating ghosts in game. I have a player who is a ectomancer and calls up ghosts to do his biding similar to a summon and binding. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this in game and how to go about deciding how powerful a ghost should be in comparison to spell strength or any examples of ghosts people have used in game. Thxs
Here's one I've used in play:

Wynona Wright
  • High Concept: Ghost of a Murdered Streetwalker
  • Trouble: Seeking Vengeance
  • Other Aspects: Abandoned Children; My Pimp and Murderer was a Cop; Haunting the Streets; Killer of Men; Protect the Children
  • Skills > Alertness +2; Discipline +1; Conviction +3; Presence +1; Stealth +2
  • Stunts > none
  • Powers > Incite Emotion (Fear, Lasting Emotion) -2; Spirit Form -3; Swift Transition (No Mortal Home) -1; Physical Immunity (Catch is anything related tho her old life, life style, and any trappings of subterranean earth) -4
  • Stress
    • Physical: OO
    • Mental: OOOO
    • Social: OOO
    • Armor: none
-----
Spirit Form, Physical Immunity (with the catch above), and usually Incite Fear tend to be my 'default' ghost powers.  Everything else is subject to change based on who and what the ghost is.
--
“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.”  - Albert Einstein

"Rudeness is a weak imitation of strength."  - Eric Hoffer

Offline Dravokian

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 04:29:44 PM »
thank you for your example