Author Topic: Semester Starts - A Divine Blood setting novel, project as it stands...  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Thrythlind

• Conversationalist
  • Wile E. Coyote. Suuuuper Genius
    • View Profile
    • Luke Green's Storefront
Currently, I'll have the material to publish an ebook copy by at latest December, but hopefully sooner than that.

What I need is art for the print copy.

For those interested in helping out see the Kickstarter Page

For those just interested in the project:

Public Chapters and Concept Art

Divine Blood Music Inspirational Playlist(mostly AMVs but don't actually watch it while writing

There are also split off playlists for: Eija, Deimosu, Naiki and Mao Semezou; Yooji; Damir; Eowyn; Gaetana; Hel; Darrin; Nike; Drak; Keun; Whelan; Minaba; Amber; and, though she only barely appears and not by name, Adelheid.  But those are mostly there for the curiosity of others, I usually listen to the full list.

Art Reference Video for the Uniforms in Divine Blood

Art Reference Video for the Bravura Academy kids

Art Reference Video for the Avalon soldiers

Art Reference Video for the Semezou Family

Art Reference Video for the Gods of the first novel

Art Reference Video for the Demons of the first novel.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:43:40 AM by Thrythlind »
Thrythlind Stories and Games: http://Http://thryth.webs.com
Original Fiction: Bystander, Greenwater, Zodiacs, Choice and Consequences
Fan Fiction: Chi and Chakra, Divine Blood, others
Games: The Unnamed System, Lycan Life
Fan Art
Blog on Writing Technique and occasional rants

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
Re: Semester Starts - A Divine Blood setting novel, project as it stands...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 02:19:33 PM »
I like what you have in the sample chapters.  What are you looking for out of the cover art though?  Are you imagining a scene from the story, just dramatic character poses, or perhaps something more abstract?  What sort of tone do you want it to portray?  A tagline sort of description of the story as you want it to appear from the cover would be helpful  :)
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Thrythlind

• Conversationalist
  • Wile E. Coyote. Suuuuper Genius
    • View Profile
    • Luke Green's Storefront
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 02:27:19 PM »
I like what you have in the sample chapters.  What are you looking for out of the cover art though?  Are you imagining a scene from the story, just dramatic character poses, or perhaps something more abstract?  What sort of tone do you want it to portray?  A tagline sort of description of the story as you want it to appear from the cover would be helpful  :)

I'm deciding between a couple of things at the moment....thinking somewhere between a picture of the Academy grounds...or the Semezou warehouse...or a group portrait....running a contest now to choose the cover artist

I'm leaning more toward dramatic poses, landscape and abstractions (circles and/or fluctuating energies) than a distinct scene though

the tagline my prereaders and I stumbled on is "Evolution can be inconvenient" because it more or less summarizes a lot of the story as a whole
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:31:07 PM by Thrythlind »
Thrythlind Stories and Games: http://Http://thryth.webs.com
Original Fiction: Bystander, Greenwater, Zodiacs, Choice and Consequences
Fan Fiction: Chi and Chakra, Divine Blood, others
Games: The Unnamed System, Lycan Life
Fan Art
Blog on Writing Technique and occasional rants

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 03:41:39 PM »
I'm deciding between a couple of things at the moment....thinking somewhere between a picture of the Academy grounds...or the Semezou warehouse...or a group portrait....running a contest now to choose the cover artist

I'm leaning more toward dramatic poses, landscape and abstractions (circles and/or fluctuating energies) than a distinct scene though

the tagline my prereaders and I stumbled on is "Evolution can be inconvenient" because it more or less summarizes a lot of the story as a whole
If you are leaning toward the abstractions/fluctuating energies side of things, i highly recommend you take a look around http://electricsheep.org, a site that runs a distributed network (one of those screen saver computational deal, like LHC@Home, etc).  Its all about creating and breeding large Fractal art in such a way that they literally evolve.  Quite interesting, usually stunningly beautiful, and they have a rather simple policy regarding reuse.
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain