Author Topic: Character Request Game  (Read 15072 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Character Request Game
« Reply #105 on: November 10, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »
Bezaliel (Submerged)

High Concept: Angel In Human Form
Trouble Aspect: Hell, They Kicked Me Out
Other Aspects: Must Save The Children, On A Mission From God,  I’m Not Just A Pretty Face, Amanda The PI, Like An Arrow Of Light
Skills: 
Superb: Conviction
Great: Investigation, Bows
Good: Endurance, Fists, Lore
Fair: Alertness, Rapport, Scholarship, Athletics
Average: Empathy, Presence, Intimidation, Discipline, Resources
Stunts:
Faith Healing (Conviction): Use Conviction to provide medical help.
Powers:
Wizard's Constitution [-0]
Guide My Hand [-1]
Bless This House [-1]
Righteousness [-2]
Holy Touch [-1]
Gift Of Tongues [-1?] (Speaks and reads all languages.)
Human Form [+0] affecting:
  Wings [-1]
Item Of Power [+2] Bow Of The Heavens granting:
  Arrows Of Light [-1?] May use Holy Touch with arrows.
  Summonable [-2?] Take a supplemental action to make bow appear.
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2011, 05:33:29 AM »
I figure Belaziel has enough fluff.

So I'll stick to Hubert Fuller right now.

Hubert Fuller was a mortal police detective until about two years ago. He had always wanted to be like the heroes of the movies and shows that he obsessed over, but real police work wasn't as eventful as the movies made it look.

Then a letter arrived in his mailbox, saying:

"Be advised that your city is likely to be destroyed within three years. If said event comes to pass, roughly 400 000 fatalities will result. You are, to the best of my knowledge, the only person with a good chance of preventing this. So prevent it.

-The Gatekeeper

Now, normally Hubert would have ignored this. But there were a few things about this letter that made it obviously magical. For one thing, it spoke its message out loud in a voice that nobody but Hubert could hear. For another, it turned into a duck when its message was over.

So Hubert felt he had no choice but to obey the letter. Unfortunately, he had no idea where to start. His initial investigations got him turned by a Red Court Vampire, but they didn't produce much information. Fortunately, the Fellowship Of St Giles saved him before he could be fully turned.

Thanks to the fellowship, he's now pretty well clued in. He's also a fairly significant player in the local anti-Red struggles, partly because of his position in the police force. But he still has no idea what was up with the Gatekeeper's letter.

Alright, done.

So, what do people think of these two?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:06:46 AM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline Wookinstien

• Conversationalist
  • Lorem ipsum butts et mentiri non potest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2011, 05:43:03 AM »
Spot on.  Thank you!

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2011, 06:24:35 PM »
You're welcome.

Offline Keryth

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 14, 2011, 09:27:44 PM »
Awesome, Die Hard, Hawaii 50, Firefly and Farscape references in one post! You win at Internet!
Also reference to 24 (Dammit, thats not good enough. Jack Bauer catchphrase)
Shadows Over New York - A Dresden Files RPG Campaign with some added bonuses from Books, TV, and Movies.  http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shadows-over-new-york)

Offline Keryth

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 14, 2011, 09:34:07 PM »
I figure Belaziel has enough fluff.

So I'll stick to Hubert Fuller right now.

Hubert Fuller was a mortal police detective until about two years ago. He had always wanted to be like the heroes of the movies and shows that he obsessed over, but real police work wasn't as eventful as the movies made it look.

Then a letter arrived in his mailbox, saying:

"Be advised that your city is likely to be destroyed within three years. If said event comes to pass, roughly 400 000 fatalities will result. You are, to the best of my knowledge, the only person with a good chance of preventing this. So prevent it.

-The Gatekeeper

Now, normally Hubert would have ignored this. But there were a few things about this letter that made it obviously magical. For one thing, it spoke its message out loud in a voice that nobody but Hubert could here. For another, it turned into a duck when its message was over.

So Hubert felt he had no choice but to obey the letter. Unfortunately, he had no idea where to start. His initial investigations got him turned by a Red Court Vampire, but they didn't produce much information. Fortunately, the Fellowship Of St Giles saved him before he could be fully turned.

Thanks to the fellowship, he's now pretty well clued in. He's also a fairly significant player in the local anti-Red struggles, partly because of his position in the police force. But he still has no idea what was up with the Gatekeeper's letter.

Alright, done.

So, what do people think of these two?

Awesome. Makes me want to play him. DEFINITELY placing him in my NYC writeup :)
Shadows Over New York - A Dresden Files RPG Campaign with some added bonuses from Books, TV, and Movies.  http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/shadows-over-new-york)

Offline Keryth

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 14, 2011, 09:40:17 PM »
Liked the last one you did so much, had to post another :)

Templates: Changeling
Stunts
Powers
Aspects: Sorry about the mess; He's Dead Jim You Get His Tricorder I'll Get His Wallet; Why do our plans never go right?Murphy's Law; We're going to Explode?I Don;t want to explode
Primary Skills: Endurance

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 14, 2011, 11:44:49 PM »
Thanks and you're welcome.

Not sure when I'll get to the Changeling, but I will eventually.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2011, 04:37:51 AM »
Bethany Maroon (Feet In The Water)

High Concept: Redcap Scion
Trouble Aspect: Why Do Our Plans Never Go Right? Murphy's Law
Other Aspects: Sorry About The Mess; He's Dead Jim You Get His Tricorder I'll Get His Wallet; We're Going To Explode? I Don't Want To Explode; Looks Like A Little Girl, Money Makes The World Go Round...I Wish I Had Some
Skills: 
Good: Survival, Endurance
Fair: Fists, Investigation
Average: Conviction, Discipline, Contacts, Deceit, Rapport, Athletics, Burglary, Stealth, Alertness, Presence
Stunts:
Bonepicker (Survival): +2 to the Scavenging trapping of Survival on old battlefields, may use Survival on old battlefields as though in the wilderness.
It Can't Possibly Go Wrong (Rapport): +2 to Rapport maneuvers aimed at making people help with a zany scheme.
Powers:
Inhuman Toughness [-2]
Inhuman Recovery [-2]
The Catch (cold iron) [+3]
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2011, 10:32:59 PM »
Bethany Maroon had a very odd childhood. Her mother was a unemployed welfare case, and her father was a redcap. They split the job of raising her.

For six months of every year, Bethany lived a fairly normal life with her mother.

For the other six months, she was raised by a redcap warband which brought her along as they wandered Faerie killing things.

Bethany stayed out of their fights, since she lacked the supernatural deadliness of her father. But after every battle, she went to see if there were any valuables to be had on the corpses of the dead. Often there were some, which really helped Bethany and her mother get by.

Living in poverty half the time and with supernatural monsters the other half taught Bethany the importance of money and the fact that, with enough creativity, it was very possible to get a lot of it.

Now Bethany is nineteen, and she's out in the world looking to make her fortune. In this she is accompanied by a young man named Jim, her friend and sort-of boyfriend. (She likes him, but the fact that she looks like an eleven-year-old kid makes her interest a bit creepy for him).

She's got scavenging skills, supernatural durability, and a head full of bizarre schemes. He's got a magical ability to blow stuff up. Together, they're going to get rich or die trying.

Offline Keryth

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2011, 08:34:14 PM »
Bethany Maroon had a very odd childhood. Her mother was a unemployed welfare case, and her father was a redcap. They split the job of raising her.

For six months of every year, Bethany lived a fairly normal life with her mother.

For the other six months, she was raised by a redcap warband which brought her along as they wandered Faerie killing things.

Bethany stayed out of their fights, since she lacked the supernatural deadliness of her father. But after every battle, she went to see if there were any valuables to be had on the corpses of the dead. Often there were some, which really helped Bethany and her mother get by.

Living in poverty half the time and with supernatural monsters the other half taught Bethany the importance of money and the fact that, with enough creativity, it was very possible to get a lot of it.

Now Bethany is nineteen, and she's out in the world looking to make her fortune. In this she is accompanied by a young man named Jim, her friend and sort-of boyfriend. (She likes him, but the fact that she looks like an eleven-year-old kid makes her interest a bit creepy for him).

She's got scavenging skills, supernatural durability, and a head full of bizarre schemes. He's got a magical ability to blow stuff up. Together, they're going to get rich or die trying.

Another awesome entry. Might replace Jim with one of my PC's in my forthcoming campaign and make Bethany his 'GF'. We shall see

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2011, 03:36:03 AM »
Thanks much.

If you end up using her, I'd be happy to hear about how it goes.

Offline computerking

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • Into the Dark
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »
Here's a weird request: a Were-Jackalope
I'm the ComputerKing, I can Do Anything...
Into the Dark, A Podcast dedicated to Villainy
www.savethevillain.com

PS: %^#@ Orbius. This may or may not be relevant to the discussion, but whatever.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2011, 09:38:51 PM »
Here's a weird request: a Were-Jackalope

wings, antlers, rabbit body...

claws - wings, impossible leaps?...probably diminuitive size?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2011, 10:31:48 PM »
At least 3 Templates, Stunts, Powers, Primary Skills, or Aspects please.

Also, what is a jackalope?