Author Topic: Taken out followed by a Zone attack  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Faithmage

• Participant
    • View Profile
Taken out followed by a Zone attack
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:49:28 AM »
So in my last session one charater took out a thrall with a gsw and specified it was not dead. It was followed by a full zone blast 5 from a different character. Is this one of the instances where it okay for the GM to declare the target dead?
The thrall was fully stressed/concequenced out.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Taken out followed by a Zone attack
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 01:02:52 AM »
There are no rules for how people who have been taken out are affected by attacks, as far as I know.

The GM's decision sounds reasonable, but it probably should have been a compel. Players get to decide what happens when they take someone out, so why should they lose that control in this scenario?

Offline noclue

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 04:12:39 AM »
There are no rules for how people who have been taken out are affected by attacks, as far as I know.

The GM's decision sounds reasonable, but it probably should have been a compel. Players get to decide what happens when they take someone out, so why should they lose that control in this scenario?

Agreed. I would consider offering a Fate point and telling them that if they make that attack they're going to kill everyone in the zone. The nice thing is they can still make the attack and not kill them, they just have to buy off the compel. Otherwise, whether they go through with it or switch tactics, they get the FP.

Offline Onkel Thorsen

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »
I'd either make the compel, as already suggested, or I would make the Zone-blasting player make a fancy attack roll to avoid killing the taken-out opponent. But they should always get some kind of warning... Unless they've already stated that their intention is to kill.
DV Geek code:

DV Onkel_Thorsen V1.2 YR3 FR(M)0.xx(0) BK++(--) RP++++ JB- TH++ WG+(!) CL+ SW BC- MC---- SH[Murphy++(+++), Lea+, Molly--(+++)]

I have the rank of Focused Practitioner
My Dresden Files purity rating is 33.6%