Author Topic: "Bulldogs!"  (Read 10875 times)

Offline EldritchFire

• Conversationalist
  • Everyone needs magical fire in their lives!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog: EldritchFire Press
Re: "Bulldogs!"
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 02:58:14 AM »
lol!

Tired posting ftw!

I think we've all done that.

If it makes you feel better, I saw what BB wrote, and thought it said "Tired posting PEW PEW!" Yeah, guess what I'm doing now?

~_~.oO(zzzZZZ)

-EF
This isn't D&D where you can have a team of psychopathic good guys running around punching everyone you disagree with.
Twitter
My Blog

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 08:04:11 PM »
The first Ob'enn mention I could find is here:

http://www.schlockmercenary.com:8080/2001-03-22

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 08:36:15 AM »
I just bought Bulldogs! in PDF format. Pure awesomness ;D
I haven't checked everything out yet but I like what I have seen so far.
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2011, 10:01:40 PM »
I'm excited.

I'm really looking forward to playing it.

The ideas for the GM are endless.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 05:00:12 PM »
I hope I can convince some of my friends to play it, it is a really great RPG.

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 08:00:50 AM »
I have a question-how would you stat out a lightsaber with the equiptment rules?

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 09:03:28 AM »
I have a question-how would you stat out a lightsaber with the equiptment rules?

Hmm.

I would stat it as:

Unconventional (lightsaber)
Powerfulx4
Accurate
Aspect: Cuts through anything
Aspect: A more civilized weapon

Cost: Epic

Deflecting blaster bolts and such would be a stunt that a Jedi could take.  If memory serves, not all Jedi were any good at that.  Some just absorbed the energy in their palms.  So statting the actual Jedi could be very customizable.

The Lightsaber is very expensive.  I reason this is appropriate since in Star Wars lore, a Jedi usually constructed their own lightsaber and this would take the cost way down.

The power could be taken down a notch too.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Tsunami

• Posty McPostington
  • Not delicate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 10:34:55 AM »
I'd start with the Base stats of Vibro Blades, but make it an Unconventional Weapon too.

Unconventional Weapon (Lightsaber)

Damage:3
Lightsabers are deceptively difficult to handle. They Suffer a -1 Base accuracy.
They are hideously effective against most forms of Armor (Damage +3 vs. Armor) but energy shields provide a somewhat greater challange (Damage -3 vs. Shields)

Improvements:
Aspect: An Elegant Weapon for a more Civilized Age.
Aspect: Cut Trough Anything
Concealable

Cost: Good (+3)

To make the Liughtsaber into something really exceptional one would need Accuracy and Power improvements which would raise the cost.
But like BumblingBear said, Jedi usually build their own sabers anyways. So some form of customization is to be expected.

Offline EldritchFire

• Conversationalist
  • Everyone needs magical fire in their lives!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog: EldritchFire Press
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 01:58:31 AM »

Brennen Taylor and I chatted about this on Twitter a while back, and this is what we came up with:

Lightsaber: D:5, A:1; Acc.0; Aspect: A Jedi's weapon; Conceal; Powerful; Spec.: +2 Acc if Psi skill higher than melee;Cost:5

That's all I could fit in the tweet, but I'm sure you get the idea ^_^

-EF
This isn't D&D where you can have a team of psychopathic good guys running around punching everyone you disagree with.
Twitter
My Blog

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 06:38:01 AM »
Thank's, nice lightsaber builds. I am thinking of doing a SW FATE game with Bulldogs!. :)

Offline Masurao

• Conversationalist
  • Liberate tetemet ex inferis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 08:48:45 AM »
I've started reading the Bulldogs! book yesterday and I've got a question, which I will blatantly post on this here DFRPG-forum! Mwuahahaha... Ahem...

Anyways, how would one handle Shapeshifting? I find the text a bit contradictive, saying at one point that you can change your skill build, at the same level (number of skill points), but then it speaks about changing the values of your existing skills... Me is confused.

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 09:05:22 AM »
I've started reading the Bulldogs! book yesterday and I've got a question, which I will blatantly post on this here DFRPG-forum! Mwuahahaha... Ahem...

Anyways, how would one handle Shapeshifting? I find the text a bit contradictive, saying at one point that you can change your skill build, at the same level (number of skill points), but then it speaks about changing the values of your existing skills... Me is confused.

My character is actually a shapeshifter.

This is my character sheet:  http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/frontier-freebooters/characters/felix

The way I interpreted the rules, if you shapeshift, you have to keep the same skills and the same "tree", but you can mix and match.  For instance, if one form does not have trading, the other form cannot magically get it.  You can only be better or worse at skills you already have - which makes sense to me.

Offline Masurao

• Conversationalist
  • Liberate tetemet ex inferis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 12:35:44 PM »
My character is actually a shapeshifter.

This is my character sheet:  http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/frontier-freebooters/characters/felix

The way I interpreted the rules, if you shapeshift, you have to keep the same skills and the same "tree", but you can mix and match.  For instance, if one form does not have trading, the other form cannot magically get it.  You can only be better or worse at skills you already have - which makes sense to me.

That's what I thought, because, otherwise, quite frankly, it would be totally unbalanced :) But, hey, I just wuv' shapeshifters :) Actually, I never metamorphosis I didn't like...