Author Topic: Werespider  (Read 3232 times)

Offline wyvern

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Werespider
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 02:03:31 AM »
Well, I'd tend to prefer what you've described over someone with spider-man style web-shooters; it feels a bit more real to me.  (And more interesting; the trouble aspect in particular.)

Then again, I was never much interested in superhero comics, so perhaps that's coloring my views.

Offline TitaniumMan

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Werespider
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 02:05:07 AM »
Yes, quite understandable. But I still think ranged webs doesn't model the Spider existence closely enough. It's Fine for others (Like you, TitaniumMan), but for me, I'd rather pull the webbing from my spinnerets manually, more like the spider I emulate.

Note: the character I'm making has a Trouble of "Conflicting Natures", and is expected to at some point be compelled to run off into the woods to do spidery stuff instead of changing back and rejoining the party after a fight. Perhaps it's my concept of the shifter whose creature nature is very strong that's coloring my view of Spider-Man style web shooting.

That's perfectly fine.  Even so, you don't have to use Breath Weapon like an attack if you do take it.  Just take a -1 Webbing version cleared with your GM and fluff it as pulling the webbing from spinnerets.  Breath Weapon reads as a "self-generated projectile".  Just take out the projectile part if you so choose.

Well, I'd tend to prefer what you've described over someone with spider-man style web-shooters; it feels a bit more real to me.  (And more interesting; the trouble aspect in particular.)

Then again, I was never much interested in superhero comics, so perhaps that's coloring my views.

Hey, Sylene's a spiderwoman who's undergoing withdrawal, she's got enough troubles besides her Spider-Man style webshooting :V