Author Topic: Suggestions For My Final Scenario  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Suggestions For My Final Scenario
« on: July 28, 2011, 05:27:31 AM »
So I just finished the write up for my final scenario, you can find it here. My question:
How would you improve it?

Edit: Edited for legibility
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:30:54 AM by Mindflayer94 »
DV Mindflayer94 v1.2 YR3 FR2 BK+++ RP++++ JB TH++++ WG+ CL--- SW BC++ !MC SH[Murphy+++]

Offline newtinmpls

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions For My Final Scenario
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:53:30 AM »
Tried to look at your stuff, could not get at it. Either the site isn't working right or somethings off....

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 12:16:08 PM »
Huh. Seems to work for me, but just in case it's an error with certain browsers or something, here's a mirror. This has a more updated version anyway (no content change, just legibility improvements)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:18:43 PM by Mindflayer94 »
DV Mindflayer94 v1.2 YR3 FR2 BK+++ RP++++ JB TH++++ WG+ CL--- SW BC++ !MC SH[Murphy+++]

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 01:37:18 PM »
What's up with the TPK by GM fiat?  Is that something your group is cool with?

Also, I'd be leery of problems coming from the difference between the Artemis vs. Senior Council battle at the tower, where you say you need to make it very clear the PCs will die if they help, but then at the end they're to fight Artemis.  You don't want to scare them off from the first fight so badly that they think that the second encounter is unwinnable from the start.

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 01:59:27 PM »
What's up with the TPK by GM fiat?  Is that something your group is cool with?

Yeah, I made sure of that with the players at the begining of the game, and I've done it once before.

Also, I'd be leery of problems coming from the difference between the Artemis vs. Senior Council battle at the tower, where you say you need to make it very clear the PCs will die if they help, but then at the end they're to fight Artemis.  You don't want to scare them off from the first fight so badly that they think that the second encounter is unwinnable from the start.

I'll make sure to make it clear that the Senior Council has weakened him, and now is their only chance to save everyone, that work?

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 04:17:08 PM »
Yeah, I made sure of that with the players at the begining of the game, and I've done it once before.
Then I have no problems with it.  :)

I'll make sure to make it clear that the Senior Council has weakened him, and now is their only chance to save everyone, that work?

Yeah, I think if you made that part clear it'd work okay.  I'm afraid I can't really comment on the opposition; my most powerful villain was around 12 refresh so these guys are beyond my ability to gauge threat levels.  Oh, I did have one other question.  If the PCs attack the Tower and get swarmed, the ridiculous increase in cultist opposition... is that something they can handle?  Is it something that's supposed to tell them that this was a bad idea?

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 04:21:17 PM »
If the PCs attack the Tower and get swarmed, the ridiculous increase in cultist opposition... is that something they can handle?  Is it something that's supposed to tell them that this was a bad idea?

Yeah, it's overall meant to tell them it's a bad idea. While these guys tend to have a hero complex, they know when to call it and run away. If they see they're getting swarmed, they'll call a concession, and try again from a different angle.

Offline braincraft

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 04:31:25 PM »
Maybe instead of having the big bad hang around gloating like a Final Fantasy boss, he could be exhausted from beating down the Senior Council and possibly suffering from one of their death curses. That would make it more plausible that someone who just punked all the heavy hitters could go down to a bunch of guys who are not the most ancient and mighty wizards on the planet.

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 04:50:10 PM »
Maybe instead of having the big bad hang around gloating like a Final Fantasy boss, he could be exhausted from beating down the Senior Council and possibly suffering from one of their death curses. That would make it more plausible that someone who just punked all the heavy hitters could go down to a bunch of guys who are not the most ancient and mighty wizards on the planet.

That is a great point, thanks

Offline newtinmpls

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 07:27:30 AM »
Still can't see your file. The first site gets me an error message when I try to access it, with the second site I can sign on, but have no idea what to do to see your file. I'm at work, so I'm not able to download any programs onto this computer, I'd have to be able to read it from where ever it was put.

Offline Mindflayer94

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 01:38:22 AM »
The game went off like a charm, thanks everyone  :)