Author Topic: Alternate takes on the larger setting.  (Read 1493 times)

Offline razorsmile

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • red like smoke
Alternate takes on the larger setting.
« on: July 27, 2011, 07:35:10 PM »
Is anyone playing in a canonical post-Changes settting wherein the a) Red Court no longer exists b) Order of St. Giles pretty much no longer exists c) the Fomorians are bringing their particular brand of oppressive aquatic transhumanism to the surface world d) lots of lesser factions are getting to flex their muscles and e) Harry Dresden is off the board.

Alternately, has anyone tried running games in alternate reality OR alternate history versions of the Dresdenverse? I myself am currently considering a 1960s game and/or a modern game where Stoker never wrote his book.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:15:40 AM by razorsmile »
They rose amid the crag as lightning blasted the mountains black against the sky and lashed blue fire over their saddles and along the guns.

Offline Blackblade

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Alternates takes on the larger setting.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 11:57:41 PM »
Well, the Enduring the Apocalypse game is set immediately post-Changes, though we haven't really run into the Formor.

Offline Rubycon

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:06:56 AM »
I would love to try a dresdenverse game in the late 19th Century, some kind of Sherlock Holmes style. With only limited technology, magic would become much more central to the game, I would assume. But as I'm still reading through the rulebooks, this idea has to wait...

Offline Lanir

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:24:23 AM »
I haven't... but if you want random ideas from the peanut gallery feel free to ask? :)  World creation is fun.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 02:13:44 AM »
More about Enduring The Apocalypse:

After the events of Changes, Mab and Titania very nearly ended up killing each other. This has messed up weather around the world, and combined with the disappearance of the Red Court it has led to turmoil among the supernatural population of the world. The titular apocalypse hasn't really happened yet, but it looks likely.

The fomor have been confined to a cameo in which a single PC curbstomped a group of them.

Offline razorsmile

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • red like smoke
Re: Alternate takes on the larger setting.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 05:16:40 AM »
Awesome. Where can I find the PbP for Enduring the Apocalypse? Google only finds references. Is it locked or something?
They rose amid the crag as lightning blasted the mountains black against the sky and lashed blue fire over their saddles and along the guns.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 05:20:23 AM »
Oh, no. It's still ongoing. You can find it at the top of the Play-By-Post board.

I warn you, though, it's pretty long. It's been played continuously since last December.

Offline razorsmile

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
    • red like smoke
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »
Reading it now. Great game! Demon guy with the armor and Frost Giant dude are my favourites thus far :D