Author Topic: anyone else kind of think  (Read 1540 times)

Offline potestas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
anyone else kind of think
« on: September 05, 2014, 11:17:03 PM »
That the fomor suck as bad guys. I mean how sexy are people with gills and turtle necks. I mean they're just really kind of meh

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: anyone else kind of think
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 11:42:28 PM »
I like them. Urban fantasy bad guys tend to be sexier than I think they should be, and I generally prefer horrifying monsters to not-so-horrifying ones.

Offline MadAlchemist

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 11:57:27 PM »
I was under the impression that those are not Fomor, they are just goons modified by the Fomor. More like Renfields than anything else. Keeping the true villains off-screen can amp up the paranoia pretty effectively.

Offline potestas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 12:08:49 AM »
I was under the impression that those are not Fomor, they are just goons modified by the Fomor. More like Renfields than anything else. Keeping the true villains off-screen can amp up the paranoia pretty effectively.

I think your right. Then i wonder what they are. What about the lords are they modified humans too, have we not seen the real deal yet

Offline Haru

• Posty McPostington
  • Mentally unstable like a fox.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 12:43:10 AM »
There's a short story called "Even Hands" about Marcone's encounter with one of the actual Fomor. They are nothing to sneeze at.

I'm drawing a bit from Lovecraft to draw them up for my game. The "Innsmouth look" is basically, what the servitors are all about, Humans half turned into freakish fish monsters.

The actual Fomor I use are part mythology, part just the general idea of entities so nasty, they were banished by combined forces of humans and supernatural alike. They've come up every now and again through the ages, and every time they were pushed back at great costs on all sides. And now they're back. With a vengeance.
“Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?”
― Terry Pratchett, Going Postal