Author Topic: Fate point economy?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Radijs

• Conversationalist
  • Fhtagn-Didley!
    • View Profile
Fate point economy?
« on: July 26, 2011, 08:01:49 PM »
I think I'm overlooking some things somewhere, but at what point does a player/character receive fate points?
I know there's a refresh at the start of the session, and that you get a fate point whenever an aspect of your character is compelled and you choose to accept the compel.

But I read about fate points exchanging hands on various occasions throughout the game. When does this happen?
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

Offline admiralducksauce

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Fate point economy?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 08:12:07 PM »
No, you're right.  Gain FP up to your refresh level at each session and gain 1 FP for a compel.

The GM can technically allow a refresh mid-session, however, if they feel like it.  It's one of their tools to keep the situation balanced how they see fit.  But IME at least Compels happen so often that I've never needed a mid-session refresh, nor would such a thing really help my players as they've all blown their refresh on stunts and powers.  :)

Offline Radijs

• Conversationalist
  • Fhtagn-Didley!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »
Hmm odd. I've also heard people passing fate points to NPC's (and back) when using spells and such. Or would those fall under compels?
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?

Offline EldritchFire

• Conversationalist
  • Everyone needs magical fire in their lives!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog: EldritchFire Press
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 08:14:38 PM »
I think I'm overlooking some things somewhere, but at what point does a player/character receive fate points?
I know there's a refresh at the start of the session, and that you get a fate point whenever an aspect of your character is compelled and you choose to accept the compel.

But I read about fate points exchanging hands on various occasions throughout the game. When does this happen?

If player A compels player B's aspect, player A gives player B the Fate Point. It's the same as when the GM gives a player a FP for a compel...except the FP comes from the compelling player.

-EF
This isn't D&D where you can have a team of psychopathic good guys running around punching everyone you disagree with.
Twitter
My Blog