Author Topic: I need recommendations on a preferred writing program  (Read 3104 times)

Offline MClark

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: I need recommendations on a preferred writing program
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 03:53:01 AM »
I use WriteWay and like it. It keeps my characters and research organized, and alllows me to make notes about the story in a number of different ways.

The outline format of organizing scenes, chapters and acts is awesome. I'd hate to have to move scenes around if using Word.

It has more features than I use. It can color code scenes in a variety of ways, and I don't use the storyboard feature much.

I also like the Future Book Ideas section. Any brainstorm I can record there and have it has instant access in whatever book I'm writing.

Writeway has full screen mode so you can be alone with your text, so to speak.

Some things I don't like:
   -  I want to organize characters into folders.
   -  In the research window, I wish I could list a bunch of links to websites, pics or pdf files and just click them and see them in a full screen browser / jpeg viewer / acrobat reader etc. The tiny browser window that comes up is not useful to me.

More later.

Offline MClark

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: I need recommendations on a preferred writing program
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 04:07:12 AM »
I second the comments some have made about writing software having too many features. Writers Cafe was like that for me and I fiddled with the features and didn't write.

I wrote an article on storybibles on my blog that no one reads.  http://distributistatlarge.blogspot.com/2011/04/story-bible.html 

PS. Is there a maximum limit to posts? The forum software was giving me fits as I finished that last post.