Author Topic: Genus Loki?  (Read 1638 times)

Offline MrCurio226

• Lurker
    • View Profile
Genus Loki?
« on: July 08, 2011, 10:39:38 PM »
hey this if my first time on here, but I really have a question.  for those o fyou who read the books, especially the later ones, any one have any idea of how you'd work a genus loki? 

it's what harry does on that island demon reach during either turn coat or small favor (i think its small favor).

Im kind of at a loss because I havnt actually run the game yet, it starts sunday.  help a brother out?

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Genus Loki?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 10:41:40 PM »
Places of power sponsored magic. Check YS292.

Offline Arcane

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 10:45:24 PM »
They'll probably have actual rules for it when the Paranet Files supplement comes out, but till then you could probably get by with it  either being a form of Sponsored Magic that among other things lets you use Divination at evocation speeds, but only of the area the Genus Loci encompasses. or a Supernatural Sense that gives one information on everthing in the Loci.

Of course, it's been a few months since I read Turncoat so there might be some abilities granted by being attuned to a Genus Loci that I had forgotten.
You Might Know Me As:

Charlie Wiseman

Jeffrey Campbell

Offline tetrasodium

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 10:56:50 PM »
r a Supernatural Sense that gives one information on everthing in the Loci.
I think that's genus loci with intellectus(and very rare) going by how it was conversed about when they realized it.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 05:53:25 AM »
A connection to a genius loci is easily represented as Sponsored Magic.

But actually statting out a genius loci would require a lot of work. It'd be a rule-hacking project in itself.

You can probably fake it pretty easily though.

PS: The title of this thread contains a really awesome spelling error.

Offline sinker

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 06:37:38 AM »
PS: The title of this thread contains a really awesome spelling error.

I was entertained as well.

Offline Wyrdrune

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 09:51:36 AM »
OT: recently i did a story with a hotel possessed by a mafia don who made a pact with the genius loci of the place, because he did not want to die (in a fire consuming the hotel). problem was, after years using the building as a place for torturing, killing and getting rid of killed people as well as illegal brothel the spirit was a horribly twisted thing...

the hotel was later rebuilt, and recently opened. the player characters got invitations from a mysterious source. at midnight of the opening event all hell broke lose as echoes of the past began to bleed into the present and the spirit-thing struggled to regain control.

think of a bit of "ghost ship" mixed with "the shining".

Offline MrCurio226

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 11:26:35 PM »
thank you everyone