Author Topic: SMF Ratio to the Average book page/font  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Dresdenus Prime

• Conversationalist
  • More than meets the Wizards Sight
    • View Profile
SMF Ratio to the Average book page/font
« on: June 19, 2011, 01:49:34 AM »
I thought I read somewhere that when you submit a manuscript it should be in the Standard Manuscript Format, which is Courier New, 12 size font, double spaced typing. That's at least how I'm typing right now. But what I was wondering is in the average book, how would this translate? Let's say I had 15 pages typed in SMF, does that mean that on the book it would be less than that? The same? I know all books are different but if anyone can give me any help on this I'd appreciate it.
DV Dresdenus Prime v1.2 YR6 FR(M)1 BK+ RP- JB TH++ WGH CL- SW+ BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++++ Murphy- Elaine-- Mab+++++)

Offline LizW65

• Posty McPostington
  • Better Red than dead...
    • View Profile
    • elizabethkwadsworth.com
Re: SMF Ratio to the Average book page/font
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
An easy way to work this out is to copy your manuscript to a standard paperback or trade paperback size page, with about 1/2 to 3/4 inch margins.  Use Times New Roman 10 point with 1 or 1 1/2 spaces between lines.  Right and left side justify.  This will give you more or less the format of a "real" book and let you see how long it would be in printed form.
"Make good art." -Neil Gaiman
"Or failing that, entertaining trash." -Me
http://www.elizabethkwadsworth.com

Offline Dresdenus Prime

• Conversationalist
  • More than meets the Wizards Sight
    • View Profile
Re: SMF Ratio to the Average book page/font
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »
I will try that out. Thanks!
DV Dresdenus Prime v1.2 YR6 FR(M)1 BK+ RP- JB TH++ WGH CL- SW+ BC+ MC++++ SH(Molly++++ Murphy- Elaine-- Mab+++++)