Author Topic: Is Jim ever likely to visit the UK?  (Read 16918 times)

Offline Valiar Marcus

• Conversationalist
  • Don't mess with my man Harry, dig?
    • View Profile
Re: Is Jim ever likely to visit the UK?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 06:07:21 PM »
If he does want to come to the uk, I currently work for Borders/Books Etc and can hook Jim up with some in-store signings, my colleague, Cherry would be over the moon as she enjoys the books too.  Dresden is becoming quite popular over here.  Although I am in London, Edinburgh is my home town and it is beautiful.  Jim will have to try the haggis and whisky. ;)
Unfortunately, with Jim's propensity to motion sickness, I'm sure he's not too keen on the thought of a long plane ride, unless he could get a day or two to recuperate upon landing.  As for haggis and whiskey, well, Jim doesn't drink, and even though he's one of the more polite people on God's green earth, I can't imagine him even coming close to the haggis, much less actually eating any.

Of course, stranger things have happened. ;)

Now personally, I'd be over the moon!  I dream of being able to make that trip someday...
Chad Mitchell

"Doctors can always bury their mistakes. Architects can only advise their client to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline Stuart1512

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 08:56:37 PM »
It would be amazing if Jim came to Newcastle, but i think i would be the only Dresden fan there since i think i'm the only one who reads the books up here in the north.

Offline Bob

• Posty McPostington
  • The Snark Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 10:39:13 AM »
Aye, but unless there's a Burger King on the Royal Mile, don't expect him. ;)

I can't remember where exactly, but when I did the touristy thing in London I remember coming up out of the Tube and being greeted with the sight of  a Burger King.  After two weeks of warm drinks, an iced soda was like nectar of the gods.
Solve a man's problem with violence, help him for a day.  Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime!

Offline pyroriffic

• Conversationalist
  • Break here in case of emergency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 01:23:33 PM »
It would be amazing if Jim came to Newcastle, but i think i would be the only Dresden fan there since i think i'm the only one who reads the books up here in the north.

Ehm, no, I'm in Durham, so don't fret, pet...

Anyway, Jim should come the UK, I'm in mid writing next year's LRP event plot for the organisation I LRP with, he could come and NPC for us. 

Can't promise no head shots, though, I suspect we UK LRPers are far more hardcore than our American counterparts when it comes to beating one another around the head with latex weaponry...
Yeah, chocolate. Chocolate fends off all kinds of nasty stuff. And if you get hungry while warding off evil, you have a snack. It's multipurpose equipment.