Author Topic: Out of print?  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Edrac

• Participant
  • Does he have beer? If yes, will he share with me?
    • View Profile
Out of print?
« on: June 11, 2011, 12:44:04 AM »
So, my friendly local gaming/comic store is having a 24 hour Game day next weekend, and I mentioned to my buddy that works there that I was interested in running a DFRPG demo there (specifically Night Fears, and may be Neutral Grounds, and if there's time/interest a demo of my own I've been working on) So in preparation He goes and tries to get a few more copies through Alliance so people can pick up the book if they end up liking the system. Problem though, Alliance tells them It's out of print?

So I ask you, oh lords of the DFRPG interwebs, wazzup with that?
Cin vhetin
Once a person takes up the armor their past does not matter anymore.
Mandalorian Concept

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
Re: Out of print?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »
Sounds like a question for evilhat@gmail.com
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline Edrac

• Participant
  • Does he have beer? If yes, will he share with me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:24 AM »
Sounds like a question for evilhat@gmail.com

That's my plan, however I thought I had read something similar to this on the forums before, figured If It's happened before the same thing may be the cause.
Cin vhetin
Once a person takes up the armor their past does not matter anymore.
Mandalorian Concept

Offline Falar

• Conversationalist
  • A veritable treasure trove
    • View Profile
    • Falar + Sha
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 01:41:35 AM »
Hmmm. I'm guessing it's supply issues with the second printing. Fred Hicks mentioned on his twitter that they had coincidentally pulled off doing the reprint of Your Story at almost exactly the same time that they ran out of copies. So I'd presume that the reprint is taking time to trickle into the supply chain.

In short, no, it's not out of print, but your store might not be hitting the supply chain high enough to get to the second printing right now. You can always order direct from Evil Hat though.

EDITED TO ADD: Take a look at Fred Hicks' Twitter and you'll see this:

Quote from: Fred Hicks
Game stores! If a distributor tells you that the DFRPG is out of print, they are lying to you. Do not pass bad info to your customers pls!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 01:46:45 AM by Falar »
Lead Creator of Terror in the Twin Cities - winner of the 2010 Borden DFRPG Award for Best Location

Offline Fyrchick

• Posty McPostington
  • Overkill is Underrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 03:29:11 AM »
And there's the .pdf  if you order it thru evil hat online. Or there was....
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.

Offline FellowsBrokenknee

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 03:17:43 AM »
I've found text copies on websites that sell board games, actually have a player copy of the book and a personal copy. Getting ready to run the first game of this my friends have seen, still so confused. But copies are out there.

Offline Falar

• Conversationalist
  • A veritable treasure trove
    • View Profile
    • Falar + Sha
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 03:31:36 AM »
People. There's nothing to worry about. Fred Hicks has spoken! They are not out of print! If anything, it was a supply line hiccup and someone jumped all the way to "OMG it's out of print" instead of "Oh, my supplier is getting it in." :P
Lead Creator of Terror in the Twin Cities - winner of the 2010 Borden DFRPG Award for Best Location

Offline TheMouse

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 02:42:55 PM »
"It's out of print," and, "Oh, that's not out yet," are classic ploys by game store employees who don't want to do their job. Sadly for them, these ploys have become more and more lame as the gaming public has an increasingly easy time proving that the employees are talking out of their bottoms.

Seriously, this hasn't been really effective in like 15 years.

Offline InFerrumVeritas

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
"It's out of print," and, "Oh, that's not out yet," are classic ploys by game store employees who don't want to do their job. Sadly for them, these ploys have become more and more lame as the gaming public has an increasingly easy time proving that the employees are talking out of their bottoms.

Seriously, this hasn't been really effective in like 15 years.

This.  Although, often, they're just misinformed.