Author Topic: statting a lightsaber  (Read 10864 times)

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: statting a lightsaber
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2011, 03:47:15 AM »
Hm. Okay.

Sounds good to me.

And if the argument's fine by you, then I guess I shouldn't complain.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2011, 10:57:34 PM »
Good point.  The stats I posted are no refresh/equipment lightsabers.  All manner of Force powers are necessary for deflecting/redirecting shots, dealing with radiating heat, or learning an advanced lightsaber form.

For me the whole "lightsaber cuts through metal like butter" falls apart when Luke gets a tag in on Vader's arm in ESB.  He had the opening and swung hard. Lo, the arm remained attached...

In every star wars system jedi can absorb/dissipate energy.  Easily explained.  Lightsabers still nuke most things.

Offline EldritchFire

• Conversationalist
  • Everyone needs magical fire in their lives!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog: EldritchFire Press
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2011, 01:20:36 AM »
In every star wars system jedi can absorb/dissipate energy.  Easily explained.  Lightsabers still nuke most things.

Too true. In I, Jedi, Corran's family is really good at that. Heck, he saw a "flashback" of his grandfather absorbing all the energy from a Sith's lightsaber, and using that energy to TK him to death. Granted, he absorbed the energy after it was stabbed through his chest, so it was his final hurrah, but still.

-EF
This isn't D&D where you can have a team of psychopathic good guys running around punching everyone you disagree with.
Twitter
My Blog

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2011, 03:43:29 AM »
Too true. In I, Jedi, Corran's family is really good at that. Heck, he saw a "flashback" of his grandfather absorbing all the energy from a Sith's lightsaber, and using that energy to TK him to death. Granted, he absorbed the energy after it was stabbed through his chest, so it was his final hurrah, but still.

-EF

I really liked that novel.  I've always been a fan of Corran Horn.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 04:01:02 AM »
I think most of the books are as good or better than the films, I can't think of many book which where  as bad as the prequel trilogy.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Ala Alba

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 04:59:43 AM »
Not many books, maybe, but there are some...  :o

Offline Michael Sandy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2011, 07:41:31 AM »
Having read through this discussion, I think I can safely say that if a player wants to have a lightsaber, I would restrict him to the stunts shown by them in the original 3 movies.  This discussion has been a bit of an eye-opener.  Just because I have what I think is a firm idea of what a concept can do, that doesn't mean that everybody else will have the same concept of it!