Author Topic: Using existing scenarios for DFRPG?  (Read 1310 times)

Offline Watson

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Using existing scenarios for DFRPG?
« on: June 02, 2011, 12:59:23 PM »
Anyone that have any ideas for other RPG's, which have suitable scenarios that can be adapted to be run with the DFRPG?

Offline Valarian

• Participant
    • View Profile
Re: Using existing scenarios for DFRPG?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 01:38:23 PM »
Supernatural (Cortex system) has a scenario book out: Supernatural Adventures. I would think some of the Call of Cthulhu and Delta Green adventures could also be adapted.
Google Groups for FGII Games:
European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Offline Crion

• Conversationalist
  • "Don't. Mess. With. Librarians."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »
Just about anything from the World of Darkness line, honestly. Some of it may not be able to be used as-is (as the social aspects and societies of the game line don't exist in the Dresdenverse), but others can work almost perfectly.

Some of the old Alternity (specifically Dark Matter) books had adventures that might be easily adapted as well. Personal favourite mini-adventure involved a sorcerer at a truck stop during a freak snowstorm.

As Valarian already noted, some of the Call of Cthulhu line would be excellent for an outsider-like game.

Sadly, that's all I can think of offhand (my books are in storage for the next few weeks), but if you are looking at other settings to offer additional fodder for your game, I'd suggesting picking up WitchCraft and/or Armageddon (Unisystem games), as they have the same supernatural setting and some adventures within the books.

I hope that helps. Good luck with finding things!

--Crion
"Smilies exist because no one has bothered to make a sarcasm font." Lost_Heretic
"I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family." Harry Dresden

Offline Oriande

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »
One of my favorite resources is the d20 Modern Critical Locations which I actually purchased while waiting for the DFRPG to be released.  I was feeling impatient and considered running a game set in the Dresdenverse using another system.
This book contains maps for many of the places you are likely to need in a Dresden campaign: Police station, Morgue, Convention Center, Fast Food restaurant, Bar, etc. and includes several "Adventure Seeds"  for each. 

I also like doing the research as suggested in Your Story. This not only gives me lots of scenario ideas, it usually includes detailed accounts of people and events.  Further, it means that my players can do their own research between sessions and gives them a greater role in world/story building. 

Offline Falar

• Conversationalist
  • A veritable treasure trove
    • View Profile
    • Falar + Sha
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 05:32:38 PM »
It's amazing what floorplans you can turn up when you do the research in Your Story. When I did the Twin Cities setting, I got a whole floor plan for an abandoned hospital, which I turned into one of my main antagonist hideouts. It's amazing.

Also, I gotta second Valarian on the Supernatural Adventures book. When I picked it up, the first thing I thought was how well this would translate to the Dresden Files RPG. Actually, if I were to be honest, I'd rather run a game of Supernatural in the Dresden Files RPG than I would in the Supernatural RPG, but that's mainly because they use Cortex Classic. With a Cortex Plus implementation, I'd actually go either way on it.
Lead Creator of Terror in the Twin Cities - winner of the 2010 Borden DFRPG Award for Best Location