Linked Events

• Signing in New York, NY: August 02, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in New York, NY on 8/2  (Read 38014 times)

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in New York, NY on 8/2
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2011, 09:34:19 PM »
Nah, you can hear me crystal clear asking about Harry's handedness.  And all the laughing.  It's sorta like the speaker for the mic was behind/to the side of the camera, or something like that. Or behind a plate of glass.

You didn't have your finger partially over the mic, did you? I only ask because I've done that before.  :-\
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Quote from: Stanton Infeld
Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2011, 09:36:54 PM »
You didn't have your finger partially over the mic, did you? I only ask because I've done that before.  :-\
Rob was the one holding it, but I doubt that because you can hear everyone else very clearly.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2011, 09:42:34 PM »
was holding it the same way I did at Marscon and that audio is pristine. I was 4 feet from the guy that's why I'm for aggravated by it. I could have reached out and touched him without leaving my seat! Doesn't matter though I'm combing through the evening in my mind trying to remember something he said beacuse I need a new Sig line!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:56:20 PM by whingnut »
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2011, 10:04:52 PM »
was holding it the same way I did at Marscon and that audio is pristine. I was 4 feet from the guy that's why I'm for aggravated by it. I could have reached out and touched him without leaving my seat! Doesn't matter though I'm combing through the evening in my mind trying to remember something he said beacuse I need a new Sig line!

I have a candidate for my own sig. When Jim was coming in the SEKRIT ENTRANCE, he spied a small gaggle of us (Pris, Anne, Chris and me). First thing he did as he was approaching? Pointed at me and said enthusiastic, "Hey, I KNOW you!" The man is one funny muhfuh.
Official forum rules and precepts; please read: http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,23096.0.html

Well, if you couldn't do that with your bulls***, Leonard, I suspect the lad's impervious.

Offline Starbeam

• Posty McPostington
  • Twitter: @stellamortis
    • View Profile
    • Stella Mortis
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2011, 10:12:34 PM »

Hey, I took that pic. I'll get around to putting all the others online. At some point. My camera's in the other room, though most of the pics *are* on my phone.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." Ray Bradbury

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2011, 10:14:42 PM »
I think I will work with the fact that while standing in line to see Jim Butcher I got an email from Shannon K Butcher so I of course said "Oh Jim I just got an email from your wife, she says Hi"  ;D
"Did not see some of it coming AT ALL--crazy ramifications for Dresdenverse" - Anne Sowards 08/03/12 on Twitter regarding Cold Days

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »
I think I will work with the fact that while standing in line to see Jim Butcher I got an email from Shannon K Butcher so I of course said "Oh Jim I just got an email from your wife, she says Hi"  ;D

The fact they got a chuckle out of it tells you just how solid they are. Great couple!

Offline whingnut

• Conversationalist
  • @RobJDurand
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2011, 11:44:44 PM »
The fact they got a chuckle out of it tells you just how solid they are. Great couple!
SHannon joked I should have given him a big wet sloppy kiss   :)

Offline jeditigger

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2011, 12:15:40 AM »
I've found a volunteer to transcribe it.  Yay!

Yep, I'm on it!
@jeditigger on Twitter
Quote from: Spot
BatPooh! You shall be known as BatPooh now. Yup.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2011, 12:38:29 AM »
Yep, I'm on it!

HEY! When did you sneak in here? *tackles*

Offline Priscellie

• Timeline Chick and Industrious Little Gnome
  • The Gatekeeper
  • Seriously?
  • Icon by Daoine! <3
    • View Profile
    • Priscellie.com
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2011, 12:41:55 AM »

Offline jeditigger

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2011, 01:11:55 AM »
HEY! When did you sneak in here? *tackles*
You!  *glomps*
OK, that was TOTALLY worth the time I've been taking transcribing tonight. <3 Shecky and Priscilla!

Funny story. I went to register Jeditigger and was told, "That user name isn't available." Huh. So I tried logging in using that name and one of my usual web forums passwords and voila. I registered a few months ago, apparently, and never got the confirmation email. I was here the whole time!

No one ever said I was bright. :)
@jeditigger on Twitter
Quote from: Spot
BatPooh! You shall be known as BatPooh now. Yup.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2011, 01:43:15 AM »
OK, that was TOTALLY worth the time I've been taking transcribing tonight. <3 Shecky and Priscilla!

Funny story. I went to register Jeditigger and was told, "That user name isn't available." Huh. So I tried logging in using that name and one of my usual web forums passwords and voila. I registered a few months ago, apparently, and never got the confirmation email. I was here the whole time!

No one ever said I was bright. :)

*cackle* Proves it - you fit in just fine here. 'Cause, as you pointed out, you were already here, even though you didn't know it. *cues Twilight Zone theme*

Offline Aerus Dar

• Conversationalist
  • I want my Staff back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2011, 06:54:57 AM »
You guys know how jealous it makes some of us, living on the far side of the world, that you can attend these events! Jim ever coming for a holiday out to Aus? :p
Quote from: Jim Butcher
I am not your writing bitch. I will write what I want to write, create what I want to create, and that's how it /should/ be.

Offline Shecky

• Bartender
  • O. M. G.
  • Feh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2011, 11:27:13 AM »
You guys know how jealous it makes some of us, living on the far side of the world, that you can attend these events! Jim ever coming for a holiday out to Aus? :p

I bet he'd like that. I also bet he'd be miserable - he doesn't travel well. Poor dude. With his success, he's in a position where he COULD travel and see the world, but that's a dicey proposition at best for him.