Linked Events

• Signing in Lexington, KY: July 30, 2011

Author Topic: Signing in Lexington, KY on 7/30  (Read 10609 times)

Offline finnmckool

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Re: Signing in Lexington, KY on 7/30
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 09:04:27 PM »
I have friends getting my book signed. Least they could do since I loaned it to them so the wait wouldn't be agonizing

Offline co99p

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2011, 09:12:35 PM »
Woot! Posting from the signing, just got my books signed.

Met booklover and the ladies of the Ordo. 

I spoke to one fellow who got the session on video and planned to ask jim when getting his stuff signed
Funny Stuff  XKCD http://xkcd.com/585/   Indexed http://thisisindexed.com/     
Ignorance is what killed the cat. It then framed Curiosity for the murder. No harm in asking.

Offline finnmckool

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 11:06:59 PM »
Friends got him to sign it for me. Last one was something silly like "Lots of love!" at my friends' instigation, this one was "xoxo." Also at their behest. I think Jim's gonna start disbelieving I'm real. Every time he comes to Lexington some weirdos are getting him to sign this stuff for their constantly absent "friend Tommy."

One year I'm gonna blow his mind and show up.

Offline Kodiakc

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 02:54:43 AM »
made it to KY from TN (4hrs+) with 2 other friends Jim was great as always! lots of fun talking with folks got Jim to sign my RPG book Ghost Story and I got Jim to be the first author/person to sign a LARGE wooden sword I have and plan to cover with my favorite author/artists signatures. Then display on my wall. He seemed to really get a kick out of it. Can't wait till the next time :)
"My Faith Protects Me, My Kevlar, Helps"

Offline Lionheart

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 02:31:38 PM »
For some reason I thought this event was on August 4th.  I've been on bed rest due to having my L-5 & L-4 discs removed on July 21nd and just was released to drive Tuesday.

Offline Serack

• Special Collections Division
  • Posty McPostington
  • WoJ Rock Star!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2011, 04:36:35 AM »
Crash!!!  It will be great to see you on Saturday.  I'm bringing my older daughter for her first signing, and a friend is bringing her son for his first signing.  It's so much fun to bring them into the Dresden fold.  :)

I'll be on the lookout for you so maybe we can catch up some.  Or, you might see me first - I'll be there with 6 other people and 5 of us will be wearing matching t-shirts.  :P

Did you take notes like for the KC signing?  I haven't seen any recordings for this one yet.  I threw a copy of your KC notes in the old signing notes thread that's now immortalized in the WoJ section.
DF WoJ Compilation
Green is my curator voice.
Name dropping "Serack" in a post /will/ draw my attention to it

*gnaws on the collar of his special issue Beta Foo long-sleeved jacket*