Author Topic: Needing assistance on non fantasy story  (Read 1372 times)

Offline GWPfark

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
Needing assistance on non fantasy story
« on: May 23, 2011, 09:01:17 PM »
Ok, I have this idea in my head for a while. It is basically a series that starts off as an action adventure and moves into a political thriller. If anyone is interested I could use some critique of the basic ideas. It got rolling when I saw the (Touchy Topic covered you were warned)
(click to show/hide)
I have an Urban Fantasy story Idea, but not as confident in it. If interested please message me, and I will give you a basic plot synopsis and Main Character profile.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 09:03:02 PM by GWPfark »
"By human standards, if she was any flakier you could pour milk on her and call her breakfast."

Offline meg_evonne

• Posty McPostington
  • With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony
    • View Profile
Re: Needing assistance on non fantasy story
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 11:15:02 PM »
personal thought? work this out yourself. generally, people don't share until they are past the fifth rough draft of a completed manuscript.

also, I think writers might be fearful that your ideas might meld into theirs if they are good ideas, or that they finally get their own work published and then deal with fallback because something is similar to your idea.

Remember an idea isn't covered under copyrights, only completed manuscripts.

So anything you post would literally be open market if someone wanted to take it, twist it, and publish it. Same with private e-mails. use caution.

We don't have anyone that would do that on JB..but it's wise to start good habits now.

Also--there are tons of ideas out there, but ideas aren't manuscripts and not copyrighted. Your initial idea is going to change a great deal. Use your good will for someone to read your completed manuscript when you get there.

We'll see what others think.

HAS ANYONE SEEN Neurovere?  
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:18:15 PM by meg_evonne »
"Calypso was offerin' Odysseus immortality, darlin'. Penelope offered him endurin' love. I myself just wanted some company." John Henry (Doc) Holliday from "Doc" by Mary Dorla Russell
Photo from Avatar.com by the Domestic Goddess