Author Topic: Name Lock  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Landing

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Name Lock
« on: May 15, 2011, 02:26:08 PM »
Would it be possible to unlock the name change feature for a few more days so people that were playing dressup can change back to what ever it is that want to spend the rest of there time in the forum as? some people changed to some rather silly names and it would be embarrassing for them to be stuck that way.
Purveyor of the theory that the overarching plot of the Dresdenverse is that its all the dinosaur's fault.

DISCLAIMER: What Duck's says but funnier.

Offline iago

• The Merlin
  • Posty McPostington
  • I'm the site administrator.
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Fredly
Re: Name Lock
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 02:30:14 PM »
Would it be possible to unlock the name change feature for a few more days so people that were playing dressup can change back to what ever it is that want to spend the rest of there time in the forum as? some people changed to some rather silly names and it would be embarrassing for them to be stuck that way.

I'd had the erroneous impression that it names would "snap back" to their true login based names. Guess I was wrong.

I'll lift the restriction until sometime on Monday. Folks have 24 hours.
Fred Hicks
I own the board. If I start talking in my moderator voice, expect the Fist of God to be close on my heels. Red is my Fist of God voice.
www.evilhat.com * www.dresdenfilesrpg.com
Support this site: http://www.jim-butcher.com/store/

Offline Howl

• Posty McPostington
  • Suit Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 02:31:05 PM »
I didn't even notice that the name change feature was locked until I saw this topic. I would like to change my name back to just "Howl" although this is a fun name ;D

edit: Thanks iago!
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Offline Chiroptera

• Needs A Life
  • Serious battitude
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 02:33:11 PM »
Oh!  :D

Thanks, Iago!
"I don't have a lot of experience with vampires, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once.  But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbors dog." -Dwight Schrute

"And remember, if you are bitten by a bat, you will convulse and turn into one; it is a scientific fact." -MST3K

Offline Phid

• Posty McPostington
  • well... i will give anyone a hug...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 09:30:32 PM »
thank you very much Iago.
DV<Phid> V1.2 Yr4  Fr(.5) BK++ RP-  JB TH +++ WG CL++ !SW—BC++ MC+ SH[Mavra+, Molly++]

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:51:12 PM »
Yes, thank you very much, Iago. I wouldn't like to hear the Duck's quack when told she would be Mrs. Piggy for ever  ;D
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)

Offline Ms Duck

• Needs A Life
  • Duck of The Black Court
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 02:28:00 AM »

Hiiiii - Yaaaaa @!
Yeah, but Germans and Hungarians don't pull people's theories out of their sockets when they're challenged.  Ducks are known to do that.

That's been disabled. But I can still CALL you Fup Duck. -Shecky

Offline Dina

• Has Collapsed Into a Singularity of Posts (a.k.a, "The Dina")
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 03:08:15 AM »
LOL!
I love that picture.
Missing you, Md 

There are many horrible sights in the multiverse. Somehow, though, to a soul attuned to the subtle rhythms of a library, there are few worse sights than a hole where a book ought to be. Someone has stolen a book (Terry Pratchett)