Author Topic: Stealth Gunner Pure Mortal  (Read 1064 times)

Samael

Stealth Gunner Pure Mortal
« on: May 14, 2011, 01:45:16 AM »
So I am trying to build a ranged sniper that focuses on being sneaky, being stealthy, and erasing the facing of  supernaturals. So in other words, a far more specialized version of Kincaid. Any ideas?

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
Re: Stealth Gunner Pure Mortal
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 04:51:15 AM »
I'd expect such a character to have a whole bunch of Fate Points. Therefore, Pure Mortal without many stunts.

High Stealth and Guns, decent Alertness and Lore, passable Fists, Endurance, and Athletics.

Stunt ideas:

+2 to ambush.
+2 stress with sniper rifles.
+2 to Lore when declaring or assessing a creature's weakness/catch.

Offline Michael Sandy

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »
You could go with burglary and the stunt that gives burglary the trapping of stealth.

Have a stunt that gives +2 damage vs supernatural creatures if you have made a successful research role to know what they are vulnerable to or some such.

Get the contacts stunt that makes it easier to get ahold of restricted weaponry maybe?

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 06:35:42 AM »
I'd expect such a character to have a whole bunch of Fate Points. Therefore, Pure Mortal without many stunts.

High Stealth and Guns, decent Alertness and Lore, passable Fists, Endurance, and Athletics.

Stunt ideas:

+2 to ambush.
+2 stress with sniper rifles.
+2 to Lore when declaring or assessing a creature's weakness/catch.

+1

This is how I would model it.

With a buttload of fate points, you could even use them for declarations like "Clear shot" or "Out in the open" etc.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline toturi

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 03:02:15 PM »
It varies with playstyle.

If you are willing to spend the entire session waiting for that one single brilliant moment when your character shines, then a Pure Mortal with minimal stunts and more positive Aspects would work.

If you want your character to get more spotlight time, you would want more negative Aspects (to generate more FPs) and have more stunts.
With your laws of magic, wizards would pretty much just be helpless carebears who can only do magic tricks. - BumblingBear