Author Topic: Regional Commanders  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Set Abominae

• Conversationalist
  • Give us a kiss.
    • View Profile
Regional Commanders
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »
Who are the regional commanders for the Wardens, and what regions do they cover?
No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?

Offline DroppaMaPantz

• Participant
  • Amber's Court Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Regional Commanders
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 06:31:22 PM »
Carlos Rameriez Covers the west. Dresden Covers the heartland . I don't think it ever said who is in charge of the east and There is a Guy in dallas(I assume he does the southwest) whose name escapes me at the moment but Harry calls him in the first few chapters of Turn coat if you Care to look it up. Also each of the commanders usually have people under them Carlos has a few Wardens working with him, he mentioned that in  White Night.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 06:35:16 PM by DroppaMaPantz »

Offline Todjaeger

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Alpha Burn Playtester
    • View Profile
    • Butchered New Haven campaign site
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »
Who are the regional commanders for the Wardens, and what regions do they cover?

Depends on the timeframe.  IIRC there are supposed to be four covering North America in the early novels.  That drops to two in Dead Beat.  After that, additional Wardens are mentioned (some by name).  The Warden who Harry spoke with in Turn Coat is named Bill Meyers, and he is one of the Wardens who report to Harry.  Given that Harry is a Regional Commander, that would suggest that Warden Meyers isn't.  Incidentally that same set of paragraphs in Turn Coat, Chapter 7, mentions that three Wardens located in 'several' cities in the Eastern and Midwestern United States report to Harry, which makes me think that there are two Regional Commanders, Ramirez in the West, and Harry in the Midwest/East.  Not sure about Canada, whether they have their own Regional commander or whether any Wardens in Canada report to either Harry or Ramirez.

Given much of the activity in mentioned in Changes, I doubt there would be any real Warden presence in Mexico.
Kill the Child, Doom the World...  Or is it, Kill the Child, Save the World?

Dresden Files Purity test: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

My results: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity-result.html?55:70:18:23:6:6:17:26:11:27:11:37:14:41:20:28:3:5:

Offline DroppaMaPantz

• Participant
  • Amber's Court Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 07:05:41 PM »
Yeah what he said lol I was working mostly from memory been a while since I reread the books.

Offline Quantus

• Special Collections Division
  • Needs A Life
  • He Who Lurks Around
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 07:14:20 PM »
working from memory, at one point they said two american, later they said four in North America.  So lacking any other information I assume its Carlos int he western US, Harry for the eastern half, then one covering the north (canada) and one in Mexico holding the front against the Reds (poor bastard).  Or maybe they have no presence in Mexico and two in the north, nto really sure
<(o)> <(o)>
        / \
      (o o)
   \==-==/

“We’re all imaginary friends to one another."

"An entire life, an entire personality, can be permanently altered by just one sentence." -An Accidental Villain

Offline Set Abominae

• Conversationalist
  • Give us a kiss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »
It's cool. It tells me what I need to know. I live in Kansas City and am setting my game there, so it seems Harry will be oversight for my Warden player. Which fills me with all kinds of malevolent glee (especially with McCoy's home not too terribly far from my setting).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 04:26:09 PM by Set Abominae »
No, ma'am. We at the FBI do not have a sense of humor we're aware of. May we come in?

Offline Wyrdrune

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 12:33:05 PM »
in my game which is based in vienna, austria, i made up:

thomas schmitt, regional commander for europe. he has a student, annabell "nelli" berger, who is around 13-15 years old. she ends up doing phone duty for him and playing secretary when he is hopping all over europe, which has forced her to memorize the whole answer-counteranswer-identification for the european wizards.

i gave schmitt an entourage of four other wizards - the main wardens for europe which i named after the bravo company from post cataclysm wow (mainly because they are a cool group): messner, jorgensen, danforth and krakauer.

Offline bobjob

• Posty McPostington
  • Bier, ja? Und mit Dusen-Dusen? Ja!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 11:30:16 PM »
I've got my game set up before Dead Beat, so there is a regional commander living in Dallas. I'm going to assume before Dresden becomes a warden and then a regional commander that he dies.
The entire Red Court was taken down by the new Winter Knight? From the lowliest pawn all the way up to the King? *puts on sunglasses* Knight to G7. Check mate.

Playing:
Shale Buckby

Offline Todjaeger

• Conversationalist
  • Dresden Files Alpha Burn Playtester
    • View Profile
    • Butchered New Haven campaign site
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 08:14:05 AM »
I've got my game set up before Dead Beat, so there is a regional commander living in Dallas. I'm going to assume before Dresden becomes a warden and then a regional commander that he dies.

It would make sense.  In Dead Beat
(click to show/hide)
  That sort of event is going to have a significant impact on the Wardens/forces available to the White Council, and absolutely something to keep in mind when timing events of a campaign.  At least if attempting to keep the campaign canon.

-Cheers
Kill the Child, Doom the World...  Or is it, Kill the Child, Save the World?

Dresden Files Purity test: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity.html

My results: http://knnn.x10.mx/purity2/purity-result.html?55:70:18:23:6:6:17:26:11:27:11:37:14:41:20:28:3:5: