Author Topic: Your Craziest Concepts  (Read 15709 times)

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
Re: Your Craziest Concepts
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2011, 01:53:44 PM »
The Saint of Killers in a (ridiculous) comic killed God. With guns.
To be fair the guns used were forged from the sword of the angel of death. Also god wasn't on his Throne of Heaven so he wasn't Godlike in his powers. What a great comic. Those same guns were also used to kill the devil.

Also I guess the saint would be a 10 in everything expect social stuff except in cases of presence and intimdation

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2011, 02:11:07 PM »
He has a perfect offence (much higher than 10 weapons, he allways hits no matter how inprobable) and perfect soak and bullets that kill everything (all thing equal before god including god + 50 shifts of damage) this means that he could waltz around any setting killing everything, he isn't an PC he isn't an NPC  he is a force of nature who is completly unstatable.
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline fantazero

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2011, 02:43:22 PM »
you could talk him out of stuff or reason with him. Preacher did it.

Offline ways and means

• Posty McPostington
  • What Lies in the Truth, what truth in the Lies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2011, 02:46:33 PM »
you could talk him out of stuff or reason with him. Preacher did it.

Preacher has plot device mental hack, aka the Words of God which is equally unstatable. 
Every night has its day.
Even forever must come to an end....
I think.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2011, 09:58:58 PM »
That's boring.

As I recall, God is pretty lame in Preacher. Legendary accuracy + All Creatures Are Equal Before God + weapon 10 would probably do for him.

All I've seen the Saint do is:

1. Walk around slowly.
2. Scare the **** out of people.
3. Shoot stuff, causing death.
4. Ignore all attempts at damage.

He doesn't need Athletics or Scholarship or Rapport. Or a lot of other skills.

Now, you could give him actual perfect accuracy and insta-death bullets. Those are unfair, but not impossible to stat.

But Legendary accuracy, All Creatures Are Equal Before God, and two weapon 5 guns dual-wielded with a stunt giving +2 stress would be enough, I think.

PS: The Word Of God just lets you hand out irresistable compels. Not impossible to stat at all.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:00:34 PM by Sanctaphrax »

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2011, 11:28:47 PM »
Had the idea earlier today that one could conceivably stat up scott pilgrim as focused practioner who accidentally focuses his magic more subconciously than intentionally. Therefore really extreme emotions result in fireworks displays of a dreamlike cartoony quality. Likewise Ramona could just know her way through the nevernever...

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2011, 11:42:38 PM »
Ignore all attempts at damage.
He ignores all attempts at damage from whatever was tried so far. That doesn't make him actually immune to damage. Besides;

1) Ready action to cast spell.
2) Goad him to shoot you with his guns.
3) Cast spell that opens a Gateway between you and the bullet that leads behind him.
4) See if his own guns can kill him.

Offline Magus Black

• Conversationalist
  • The Truth in more ways than One!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »
I didn’t think it would be easy either, the Saint of Killers is pretty hard to pin down in what comes from his position and what comes from his lifetime prior.

A friend asked me to try and when I fell short of answering (making me buy the drinks) suggested to post it up for the hive mind of the Internet to figure out, not that I really expect that’s possible for this character.

1) Ready action to cast spell.
2) Goad him to shoot you with his guns.
3) Cast spell that opens a Gateway between you and the bullet that leads behind him.
4) See if his own guns can kill him.

5. Prey that you were fast enough ;D
As if I needed more incentive to go to Hell.
"Only Sheep need a shepherd!" -- unknown
"Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy."

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2011, 01:33:24 AM »
To me, all these people saying "impossible" sound like challengers. So I'm taking a shot at it.

Had to make up some new custom powers for the job. They won't be going onto the master list, because I don't like them.

Please tell me if I missed anything.

The Saint Of Killers (In A Submarine)

High Concept: Angel Of Death 
Other Aspects: Totally Unstoppable, I Want To Rest, Tragic History, Killer Of Gods And Devils, Cowboy Style
Skills:   
Fantastic: Guns
Superb: Intimidation, Endurance
Great: Presence, Survival, Alertness
Good: Conviction, Discipline, Might
Fair: Fists, Lore, Investigation, Athletics
Average: Empathy, Stealth, Burglary, Driving, Weapons
Stunts:
The Threat Of Death (Intimidation): +2 to Intimidation if his target has seen the Saint kill someone earlier in the scene.
Frightening Attitude (Intimidation): Use Intimidation for social defence.
Never Misses (Guns): +1 to hit with revolvers.
Instant Death Bullet (Guns): Revolvers inflict +2 stress.
Blaze Away (Guns): May make spray attacks with any gun.
Two Guns (Guns): Add half of second gun's rating to weapon rating.
Quick Draw (Guns): No penalty to draw gun, +1 to contests of draw speed.
Shoot From The Hip (Guns): Use Guns for initiative when shooting things.
Powers:
Marked By Power [-1]
Living Dead [-1]
Physical Immunity [-8]
The Catch (Unknown) [+0]
Item Of Power (Revolvers) [+1] granting:
All Creatures Are Equal Before Death [-3]
True Aim [-1]
Sponsorship Of Death [-2] May take sponsor debt for +2 to hit or to activate All Creatures Are Equal Before Death.
Really Deadly Guns [-2] Both revolvers are weapon 5.
Unlimited Ammo [-1] Exactly what it sounds like.
What I Can See, I Can Shoot [-2] Guns have range equal to line of sight.
Total Refresh Cost:
Refresh Total:

Offline Belial666

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2011, 02:08:51 PM »
So in theory he could take a dozen sponsor debt to kill anyone, provided their unkillability can be bypassed by a catch. Nice. OTOH, once you disarm him and melt down his guns (the original sword of death in the series could be melted) he's just an annoying little man.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2011, 08:39:51 PM »
That's the idea.

You know, I kinda like the fact that he'd lose pretty hard against some characters in this game. It's nice to see an invincible badass brought down hard.

Offline Lanir

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2011, 09:37:33 PM »
The most unusual Dresden Files character I've considered creating was a half demoness. I figured I could use the changeling template or something pretty close for rules goo. Only got partway through the creation process (didn't have a group to work with) but the basic idea was pretty simple. Mom got pregnant due to a mistake but chose to carry the baby to term and raise her when she was born. Some holy faction or factions decided a half demon was not compliant with their good/evil label heavy world and tried to kill the baby girl and the mom when she got in the way. Mom was more of a "shades of gray" kind of person and was rather violently unimpressed with this. Daughter kind of picks up that attitude from her and keeps going with it.

The basic character conflicts would involve her nature being rather alien and disturbing but this should contrast with a strong sense of loyalty for the group. Brilliant, disturbingly dangerous and at times coldly logical, but fiercely loyal.

Anyway, here's what I had so far:

Alice

Template: Scion (altered Changeling)
High Concept: Demonspawn Page of Swords
Trouble: Not a Pawn, Still a Chess Piece

Background:
Grew up the daughter of a single mother (Lily). Mom had some magic, dad was rarely spoken of. Ran from city to city around the US while young, avoiding mystical problems.

Phase Aspect: Strength is a willow in the wind

Rising Conflict:
Learned mother was a sorceress who made a foolish pact for her firstborn (me) with a demon. She didn't adequately protect herself from the demon so it was able to father me. Was told this one day after coming home from school to find mom cleaning up the murder of what she called a misguided holy man. Moved again after and developed a deep bond with mom.

Phase Aspect: Stand by me (and I'll stand by you)