Author Topic: Your Craziest Concepts  (Read 15721 times)

Offline devonapple

• Posty McPostington
  • Parkour to YOU!
    • View Profile
    • LiveJournal Account
Re: Your Craziest Concepts
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 04:39:36 PM »
Now we force him to take a Moderate Consequence, we do that with a 14 stress hit.
14 stress - Armor:2 - Moderate Consequence:4 = 8'th box filled

Oh, wait, now the catch is met.
+2 Stress because the armor doesn't count

that would mean the 10th box is filled
Well, now you need to take a severe consequence as well, because the extra stress boxes don't count, and then fill the 4th box

No, I think the intent with *this* type of Catch is that further attacks bypass the Toughness/etc. *after* the Consequence is taken. The Consequence has to happen first. Like cracking a submersible: once water starts flowing in, it's time to get out. I don't feel that the same attack which generates the Consequence satisfies the Catch at the same time: otherwise, the math would get really weird and retroactive.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:50:51 PM by devonapple »
"Like a voice, like a crack, like a whispering shriek
That echoes on like it’s carpet-bombing feverish white jungles of thought
That I’m positive are not even mine"

Blackout, The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 08:48:25 PM »
Anti-tank weaponry seems fitting. But be warned that it will get satisfied and when it does you will be in very great danger. Your Toughness will go away just when you need it most.

Concerning Massive Armour: it's not meaningfully different from a stunt that says "+2 armour while wearing Terminator Armour". Therefore, it's above the curve for a stunt. I'd be willing to try it out as a power, though. After all, I was willing to try out Shield Training with Jinn.

You may want to change your aspects up a little, too. These ones are fairly similar to one another and none of them reflects a connection to the world around you. Different aspects would give you more freedom in invoking and me more freedom in compelling.

Samael

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 11:14:12 PM »
Anti-Tank Weaponry is literally weapons for the purpose of piercing Heavy Armour, blasts of force won't do it, lightning, fire or energy attacks in general won't do it. What does do it are large munition armor piercing rounds, and similar military grade equipment. So for the most part I should be fine unless I end up on the opposite end of AMBOSS or a similar agency.

Ok thats fine with treating M.A. as a Power, I am not expecting it to be broken really, it just makes him less liable to damage.

I'll change around my Aspects as you suggest they are a tad lame imo.

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 12:36:04 AM »
I haven't stated most of these concepts.

1.Werecoyote Mechanic (based on a novel)
2. red court infected/white court virgin - trying to avoid falling either way.
3. somesort of abomination White Wolf style (Underworld for those who haven't played White Wolf WoD -basically a Vampire Werewolf.
4. Descendent of Judas trying to uncurse his line, sort of a denarian trying to attain redemption by fighting denarians and fleeing Knights of the Cross.
5. Wereskunk bodyguard (played this) was fun, still is.
6. I think master Chief from Halo fame or Dante from Devil May Cry may be intersting to see stated, but not to play.
7. mage who gets sponsored magic from magical parasites within own body...sponsor debt is handled like a hunger track for vampires.  Uses blood magic primarily, and blood flavored evocation (instead of water...blood...flame = boiling blood bolts and such.
8. Winter Werewolf...with cold based breath weapon
9. something like a gorgon (medusae)

Offline BumblingBear

• Posty McPostington
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 01:24:28 AM »

2. red court infected/white court virgin - trying to avoid falling either way.

Ouch.  And I think I've got problems.
Myself: If I were in her(Murphy's) position, I would have studied my ass off on the supernatural and rigged up special weapons to deal with them.  Murphy on the other hand just plans to overpower bad guys with the angst of her short woman's syndrome and blame all resulting failures on Harry.

Offline Sanctaphrax

• White Council
  • Seriously?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 01:26:39 AM »
I think I might want to take a try at making some of those. Would you mind?

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 01:41:54 AM »
I think I might want to take a try at making some of those. Would you mind?

Have at.  I statted some, but I would like to see your versions all the same. 

Offline Silverblaze

• Posty McPostington
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 01:57:31 AM »
Sentient golem, any type...flesh (frankenstein), stone, metal (any ) though iron or steel would be awesome...can you say catch for all fae?

Gargoyle, roosts on churches, might have holy powers...turns to stone during the day..still stone at night, but is now animate...could alternatlively be scaled and flesh/bone. Maybe human by say instead.

Offline hank the ancient

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 02:59:08 AM »
cursed item known as the "wait-WHAT?!" . The description is you can't remember what it looks like so it is hard to tell if you have it on you. TThe effect is that you hear voices- which ask "did you hear that?"
The GM vetoed it being an item of power on the grounds that "anything that hurts my head that much must be destroyable." but the last we saw of it was on the person of an enemy lycanthrope.
I'm still wondering which is worse, auditory hallucinations or auditory hallucinations that may be having auditory hallucinations, or hallucinations that are more perceptive than you.

....also summoned skateboard riding rattlesnakes from the nevernever in the same game.

Offline Delmorian

• Posty McPostington
  • The Pants are BACK Baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 03:16:11 AM »
One crazy concept for me:
Set in the city of Miami Beach, an entire location on the beach that is veiled. It is an accorded complex of embassies and a wonderful bar, inside a building looking like a cross between Aztec ziggurat and Japanese traditional architecture of a Pagoda, only made of Stone. The veil is powered by a grand spell worked into the detailed stone fence surrounding the compound, and is powered by Banners and engraved stones embedded in the surf just off shore. The whipping wind and the pounding surf energies are converted and conveyed to the spell, which is a ultra detailed circle tattooed on the proprietor of the Stone Serpent Haven. The spell will age the person at twice the normal speed, which is why the position usually goes to a wizard (with an extended life span) or a n Elf of some court. As it is accorded ground, the proprietor is given immunity to the court struggles, so that the appropriate neutrality can be maintained.
This will be the opening location for my game, as the past proprietor has been killed, and the scroll they have etched with the spell will only last three days, till it burns out (tanned human skin parchment, just fyi) The players must find out who done it, and make sure that they don't profit by their plans, by getting the subject that THEY want in place and the keystone.

So... opinions?
* Funny post quote that remains constantly relavant *

Offline SkywardEyes

• Conversationalist
  • The Myth. The Legend. The One Free Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »
Ive always wanted to see a build of Gordon Freeman. "I shall kill you, with SCIENCE!" Hes sorta like a very nerdy version of batman in my eyes.  :D
"I serve a clan whose morals change with the seasons. I killed a man who may have been my father. I do not know who I am, but I know that my path is mine and mine alone." Yoritomo Eriko

Offline wednesdayboy

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 03:46:55 PM »
My backup character is a WCV rock star that is Elvis incognito.

Offline Raphael

• Conversationalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 06:36:22 PM »
Imagine this guy turned loose in RL.  Yikes.

Yes I believe that would be a very scary sight to see...
Great minds think alike, but fools seldom differ.
-Anonymous

True forgiveness is a self-healing process which starts with you and gradually extends to everyone else.
-Robert Holden

All warfare is based in deception...
-Sun Tzu

Offline Leatherneck

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 07:05:11 PM »
Three that I created for a small con in Kalamazoo a few weeks ago.

Half-Demon Social worker.
 - Supernatural sense was Sees Mortal Magic

Were-Panther Cat Burglar.

Female changeling with the High Concept:  Harley Riding Goblin Changeling.
She got caught up in the Wild Hunt as a 'hound'.  Now works as a bike mechanic.
I think I like her aspects the best of all the PCs I created for the con.
   Trouble:  A Taste for the Kill
                 The Son Dad Wanted
                  My Bite Is Worse Than My Bark
                  Breaking Things for the Better

Offline Leatherneck

• Participant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 07:15:03 PM »
A player created a Wizard that with the High Concept:  Fire Marshal Pyromancer Wizard

Also, he didn't want to be a poor wizard he so went with a Resource of Great (+4) and the stunt Windfall (Giving him a Legendary (+8) Resources once per adventure)